Forty Thieves Beach Bar & Bistro
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Forty Thieves Beach Bar & Bistro: relax and savour the sensation of waves lapping your toes while having a refreshing cocktail, listen to live music, play bar games, watch water sports and have a delicious lunch with your friends and family.Disco into the early hours of the morning every night.All these can be done at this unique bar, the only one situated actually on the beach on the east African coastline. It is a vibrant atmosphere not to be missed.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Great place to relax in Diani. The beach outside is beautiful, there is a variety of comfy seating depending on whether you want to eat, drink, or chill and read, and there is always a crowd of people around. One day I went alone, and I would caution that sitting alone on the beach invited a lot of unwanted attention, so I quickly moved back to the bar area. The staff was happy to hold my bag for me while I walked on the beach, and after spending most of the morning there relaxing, even found me a spot behind the bar to charge my phone! Very kind staff! The food is decently priced, only complaint there was not everything on the menu was available... but that's pretty typical for all of kenya.

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London
“Perfect place to hang out!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Amazing location, with low sofas and tables dotted around. The water comes right up to the restaurant at high tide! We were there with teenage kids, so the darts board was used and appreciated. Food was great, good value, and service was wonderful.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mas37
south africa
“almost better than MY beach bar !”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

laid-back vibe,smooth music in background, well-priced sunday lunches, strolling camels temporarily obstructing beach/sea views...go back again

strandloper beach bar, langebaan , s.a.

Visited June 2012
Forked River, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Have been to this bar a dozen times. Very relaxed atmosphere if not crowded; if it is crowded, the dance floor will be packed. The crowd is a mix of locals and tourists. Almost all are very friendly. The location is great, right on the beach. I have never eaten here, so I cannot comment on the food. If y are looking for a fun night out with some friends, or just want to mix it up with others in the area, Fortys is a great place to do that

Sydney, Australia
“A bad experience with the Sunday buffet lunch.”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I know it's not fair to rate the service as terrible as the waiter who served us in the bar was very good. However, we recieved terrible treatment during buffet lunch.

We don't like to pile up the food when we have buffet. So we took little bit each time to try first. If we like it, we take more. So we finished 2 small plates of curry and then wanted to have some more. The waiter in the buffet section decline to give me food and said each person only allow to have 2 plates. First, no one explained this to us beforehead. Second, it shouldn't call buffet lunch if this is the case. The worst is, a female staff came to understand what happened. Then she told the waiter,"Give her one more piece of chicken" !! I felt being assulted.

Surprisingly, we complaint this to the waiter who served our table, he also didn't know each person was only allowed two plates. He argued with the staff in the buffet section but obviously he had no authority to change. He could only came to apologised to us as he was the one to suggest us to take the buffet.

I definitely will not recommend to eat in the restaurant. If you like the beach, just go there having a drink and enjoy the music.

4 Thank Chrisngsw