“scampi”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Forty Thieves Beach Bar & Bistro: relax and savour the sensation of waves lapping your toes while having a refreshing cocktail, listen to live music, play bar games, watch water sports and have a delicious lunch with your friends and family.Disco into the early hours of the morning every night.All these can be done at this unique bar, the only one situated actually on the beach on the east African coastline. It is a vibrant atmosphere not to be missed.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

if you fancy a great night out with the family or a romantic cocktail then we recommend the forty thieves,its a five min walk from the hotel and offers a alternative night out.on weekends it does get busy from about 10pm,however the music is good the atmosphere is relaxing and the scampi is bloody good.enjoy

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Went here twice in the last week. Food is fine though prices a little more than most other similar places in Kenya. Plastic cups for drinks is not what i like but i guess with it being beach front and a lot of sand inside the place they will have no choice as we do not want broken glass in the sand.
The place attracts more of an ex-pat clique from the local area. All in all the place is fine but not a one i would go out my way to visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

On every visit to Diani I make an effort to eat at Forty's. I go out of my way to eat here and without fail order Scampi and Chips - I didn't see it on the menu this time round but make sure to ask for it. It is award winning!

Cocktails are brilliant - the best pina colada on the coast, service is friendly and the atmosphere is typical relaxed coastal style! You sit right out on the beach with your toes in the sand and a cool breeze at your back.

Win win win. I love this spot!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Forty Thieves is always touted as the "must do" venue at Diani. I'm here to tell you that it's a "don't do" at all costs. While the location is nice, there are other places with the same frontage to the sea. Upon arrival we ordered some beers and whiskies -- my friends chose to drink their beers out of the bottle (acceptable at a seaside town like Diani), but we noticed that drinks were being served in plastic cups. Seriously? My whisky came in a tall tumbler, and when I asked for a proper whisky glass the bartender turned all sulky. The bartenders in general were terrible, generally unfriendly, and looking very ragged -- given the premium prices they charge, the least the management could do is buy them a new, clean t-shirt now and again. And now for one of my pet hates -- we were asked to pay for each round of drinks as we were served. I have been drinking in bars all over the world for decades, and the vast majority of them can manage to keep a tab and present you with one bill at the end of the evening. These bartenders were very demanding, guarding the drinks until they were paid for. What crap! Net result is zero tips for the staff. We watched a group of tourists next to us ordering Jaeger Bombs for about $5 apiece. First time I've ever seen Jaeger Bombs served in plastic cups, and they spun two cans of Red Bull out to cover six drinks (a more normal ratio would be about one can to two drinks). They had two conflicting music tracks playing at once, one from each side of the central bar that we were seated at. The crown was by and large a motley crew of expats, tourists and hookers, and the menu would really only appeal to Brit package tourists. It's all so shabby that I can only suggest you stay out, even the downmarket Tandoori bar is more honest and friendly than this. One star only because there is no option to give it zero.

5  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Spent an evening with friends, the music was lovely, the scene of the sea and the waves under moonlight were out of this world.

the service is good and the price is affordable (about Kes 300/= for a beer)

1  Thank Beatrice V