“Amazing little cottage.”

Kitu Kidogo Cottages
Benoni, South Africa
“Amazing little cottage.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We spent 5 wonderful nights in this fabulous little cottage. Setting is so peaceful and relaxing especially the outdoor area! Location is good, short walk to beach, restaurant and shops.
Edith made our stay extra special, she is friendly, helpful and has a lovely sense of humour.Bruno cooked delicious meals and spoilt us. Would love to revisit one day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 84Merridy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nairobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Sahani cottage. We found it warm and cozy. The 'hidden' and serene environment is relaxing, a big plus and well worth the holiday. Edith was very kind and warm. We found her meals delicious and surely enjoyed everyone of them. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Kitu Kidogo is very private and uncrowded with two cottages and 5 minutes walk to the beach its irre...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nairobi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in the larger cottage with friends and we loved it. We especially loved the outdoor dining Area and spent a lot of time relaxing out there. The location is good everything within walking distance. Little bushbabies visited at night and there was a tiny buck in the garden and the usual Sykes monkeys. Edith was great, friendly and helpful with a sense of humor. We hired a cook called Bruno and he was great, really spoilt us ladies so we did not need to cook when not eating out. A small pool would be nice, but I believe there are plans for one in the future which would make it perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LesleyBanbery
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed in the one bedroom cottage in late May. I was so happy to get to this cottage after my safaris up north. What a great end to a great vacation. My cottage was clean, absolutely adorable, and was above and beyond what I expected. I loved laying on my porch, relaxing, and the beach is a very short walk away, as is a grocery store and small shopping area. 40 thieves and the Cave are also en route to the beach. Edit was the BEST and I had such a lovely time talking with her and getting to know her. So kind and gracious! I got a rash from some medications/sun exposure and she showed me the aloe plants to rub on my rash. I absolutely loved this place. The Maasai watchman helped me feel safe at night as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Fantastic little place. I love the outdoor seating area. Good, comfortable mattresses, great double shower - I will put that idea into a house that I build!
Close to beach, shops, beach bar, restaurant. Best value for money!

Room Tip: Both rooms great!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed at Kitu Kidogo for approximately nine days and it was wonderful, the location is just perfect as its closer to the shopping centre in Diani which was convenient for us as there is another supermarket there and we weren't required to go all the way to nakumatt.

A very quiet and serene place and the best part was it was close to the beach and not forgetting the cave restaurant it took about a minute or two to get to both :). The only thing I had a problem with was out of the nine days we were there,3 of them we spent without electricity although they did return but maybe they should think about a generator for when that happens, overall though we had the best experience and left with such good memories and a special thank you to the care taker Edith she took such good care of us during our stay and definitely we will be back next time. Thanks guys :-)

• Stayed April 2013
PayalShah, Manager at Kitu Kidogo Cottages, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Hi Priti,

Thank you for your lovely review. I would like to apologise for the power cuts. The reason we had the cuts was due to our local power lighting company adding a transformer for the Titanium mine in a nearby town. It is a rare occurence.

We look forward to you staying with us again.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

We enjoyed Kitu Kidogo for all the reasons that other visitors have given. The cottage was special and we felt special being there. As others have said Edith was warm , welcoming and humorous. We left relaxed and revived. many thanks

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple