Swahili Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Diani Sea Resort(Diani Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Morning Star Resort(Diani Beach)
  • Pool
Waterlovers Beach Resort(Diani Beach)
View Hotel
Hotel Diani House(Diani Beach)
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewscascading poolsswahili architecturespice routebeach barbeautiful hotelsouth coastfront office staffrain showersuperior roombreakfast and dinnerrooms are hugeguest relationsindian cuisinesamosasmain restauranthalf boardspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This resort is only 6 months old, but promises to become a favorite in the Diani beach area of Kenya. The architecture is authentically arabesque and the ambiance is open, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

The staff is friendly and attentive, they aim to please. The hotel has two a la carte restaurants, an Italian seafood restaurant and an Indian food place called Spice Route (which was phenomenal). Their all inclusive buffet dining room, however, needs some improvement in the food preparation department.
My room had a to-die for view and was nicely designed with a minimalist decor. The one major problem is for those requiring a softer bed. The mattress was terribly hard and made for hours of body recovery time each morning.

Otherwise the Swahili resort is a fabulous destination. My husband and I will return.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Smanzane
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I recently had a quick visit to Swahili Beach with my family. From the moment one arrives the beautiful gardens are immediately noticeable. The foyer entrance is stunning with a view down through a series of arch's towards the pool and the ocean. The attention to detail and quality of this new hotel definitely sets new standards on the Kenya coast.
Due to time we only had meals in the main restaurant which was very beautifully laid out making us feel like we were in a small boutique resort instead of a large beach hotel. The food was amazing and the service we had was also very friendly and very good. The children were adequately catered for and baby seat was available when requested.
Overall I would have no hesitation recommending this resort to anyone visiting Diani Beach, we had a great time.

Room Tip: All rooms were good but specifically liked the Executive suites are large, well appointed and really fulfill ones every need.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Goosekenya
Reviewed 10 July 2012

thi is a beautiful hotel the moment we stepped in it was wow the excellent vies of the ocean from the lobby our room was sea facing huge room with sep built in beds for kids lovely traditional bathrooms but it lacked all the bathroom amenities a 5 star should have the pool is beautiful the kids dint want to get out the beach is relaxing ,manages mark was very good and asked our opinion and went out o fhis way to see all guesta are having a pleasant stay.
indian restaurant is good the chef made everything to our taste.3 min from ukunda air strip so save on travel time its a new resort so needs little upgrading of services like spa not operational.

Room Tip: beautiful resort for kids and family
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kiah05
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Having stayed at some of the most luxurious hotels in Kenya, our expectations were quite high when we arrived at the Swahili Beach resort. It was a mid pregnancy vacation dedicated to my wife and I wanted to make sure that it remains one of our best experiences. The moment we entered the hotel's reception area, we observed that the place is quite different as compared to most of the other properties in the coast region. We stayed here for 4 nights and 5 days, and realized that the duration was too short to enjoy the place completely. The place is phenomenal. Yes, its a new place and some parts are still being constructed but that doesn't hamper your experience at all. The rooms are LARGE and when I say Large I mean that. The architecture and interiors are minimalistic but very artistic. The bathrooms are lavish with a bath tub as big as a small jacuzzi. Its a concept hotel. The highlight of the hotel is its cascading pool which is by far the biggest I've come across in Kenya. The furniture, upholstery and the fittings are par excellence. Our bathroom had silver bathroom set. The chairs in the spa area (under construction) were silver sheeted. The Spa area is still under construction and one of the hotel rooms are being used as Spa for the time being, however the professionals are quite good at their job. The staff at the beach, Baharini restaurant, the main restaurant are all good and eager to serve. Even the hotel driver who dropped us to the Mombasa airport was so professional that he refused to pick any call while he was driving and followed all the traffic rules (Quite uncommon in Kenya). The hotel gym is fully equipped and the gym instructor Dickson was quite knowledgeable and polite. Over the period of time, this hotel would surely turn out as a key tourism destination in Kenya just like the Atlantis in Dubai.

Room Tip: Try and see if you can get the rooms towards the beach and that too the top ones. Room nos between 121 to 128 are near to the ocean and closer to both the swimming pool and the gym too. Do not miss the sun rise around 6:30 in the morning. Best times to click some great pics in naturally low light.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shahzad K
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were meant to be staying at Baobab but as our taxi driver drove by we became curious and decided to drive in and see what was hidden behind those doors. As Diani regulars we were suprised to see a new development in the area.
We were received by the happiest smiles and the atmosphere was so relaxing. My boyfriend and I requested to be shown around. The pools are amazing, never seen anything like that and I thought I had travelled. After the show round my boyfriend and I decided to cancel our other booking at Baobab since it wasnt paid and booked 2 nights at Swahili beach instead. Simple words are that we were not disppointed at all.
We had the most amazingly relaxed stay that when we got to Nairobi we decided that this is where we will be spending our coming off days. The rates are not bad either, very spacious rooms facing either the sea or the pool.
Still lots of room for improvement though, but being a new hotel, totally understandable.
Cashiers should be a little bit more efficient, someone looking forward to jump in the pools should not take so long to pay while you are looking for network, be flexible with checkout payments.
Drivers should be alert, went out to a nearby club that night and the driver looked so tired, we called him again to pick us up later at about 3a.m. We felt as if he was almost falling asleep, my boyfriend tried engaging him into a discussion and he said he had been working from 7 a.m. The hotel can be liable to big damages. We also felt that the car was unkept, like he had been sleeping in there, smells of cigarette and sweat, not a very good combination. Same driver was to take us to the airport the next morning but my boyfriend said no and the receptionists ordered another car for us.
Otherwise, we had a very good stay, front office staff that are always smiling and happy to see you, a front office manager who is also available to greet you and say goodbye as you leave. Will definately be back with friends in July.
Not forgetting the "Dawas", the best.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple