“The hotel with an infinite pool”

Swahili Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Beautiful decor and the rooms are cosy.
The hotel has no beach front as its full of sea weed and coral. However it looks like the owner made up for it with its infinite pool. If your looking for a beachfront where you can walk on the sandy beach and take a dip in the ocean this is not a hotel for you.Most of the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Unfortunately I got food poisoning from the buffet i ate at their majlis restaurant

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Zohreen A

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our breath was taken away on entering this palatial and friendly abode with it's amazing arabic architecture and ocean views. This was a welcome retreat having spent 4 days on safari in the Masai Mara. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and the amenities second to none. All meals from the abundance of fresh fruit at breakfast to excellent choices at dinner were both varied and excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank golfermau
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I decided to visit Diani Beach during my last weekend in Kenya. Indeed the hotel is beautiful and i had lucky to be upgraded for executive room although none of the staff told me about . It was a nice accommodation , pretty view and good service but for the price i must agree that we expect all services being excellent.
I tried to stay one more night but the hotel staff who i talked didn't do much and in the end I gave up and returned to Mombasa.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CrisB0913
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I enjoyed the Swahili themed, minimalist decor. My son and I enjoyed the pools and the beach front restaurant provided us with fantastic views.

Food and service were poor. Small beach with lots of sea weed.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We were hearing only the rumors how this Hotel has got it all until when we visited Swahili Beach Hotel. Waoh!! Waoh!! the warm welcome, rooms, service, the amenities this made us to feel like home.It is a great hotel esspecially when you start to think who came with the idea of constructing the swimming pool, its like a magic place. We will definatelly come back next, this we promise. I love Kenya and i love Swahili Beach

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

To say that Swahili Beach is an exceptional place and the service is par excellence is a total understatement. During our honeymoon, my husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Being Kenyans who travel, we were pleasantly taken aback by the views from our ocean-view hotel room and the beautiful room we stayed in. We experienced great entertainment at dinner time and breakfast. The staff were all very helpful. I recall with great pleasure dealing with them all. My husband and I never went to the gym or any of the excursions organized by the hotel but this is on our to do list for sure in the next 2 years. We will definitely stay with friends again. We also enjoyed being refereed to as Family Muendo. That was a total rush, being newly weds and all!!! I am recommending it over and over again to family and friends as I gush about how lovely my honeymoon experience was there!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms will get a great view of the gardens and the infinity pools!!! Ocean view rooms w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BP813
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The staff was so very friendly!! From the time the driver picked me up from the airport to the cocktails in the lobby, to the breath taking views I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I felt like a queen. Every request was granted including the camels that arrived for me on the beach!!

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe sweet!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family