“My stay in swahili treated my face problems all thanks to Martha”

Swahili Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
“My stay in swahili treated my face problems all thanks to Martha”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Swahili beach is the best place to be.at first I was not happy with services. But when I visited the spa i have to say the people in the spa makes one feel so at home that u forget all the other problems in the hotel.Martha the tall lady in the spa thank you very much for making our stay in Swahili beach worth while .The recipe you gave me for my face it worked miracle's .soon am coming with my friends and maybe you can help them also keep up Martha

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Spent four days here last week and absolutely loved it. The rooms are great and well maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful. They organised a birthday cake and song for one of our friends (thanks Amani) which was great. The selection of food at the main restaurant is quite varied and will cater for almost all tastes. The pools were lots of fun, but the beach is mostly only fine at high tide when you swim out beyond the sea weed, as there is quite a bit of it. Overall, twas a great experience, will definitely go back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bruxelles
Reviewed 2 May 2014

For the third consecutive year, I spent 2 weeks at the Swahili Beach. This time, I even enlarged the party and had my parents, my sister, her husband and their toddler come along.

We all had booked superior rooms. When my partner and I checked in (one day before the rest of our party), we were upgraded to a suite. Wow ! Unexpected, yet, highly appreciated. The suite is simply astonishing, huge, stylishly furnished as the other rooms, with a huge terrace overlooking the ocean (the following days, my sister's toddler was running around in our suite, playing hide and seek – it was so big !)

We had all booked rooms on upper floors, but upon arrival, my father's health didn't enable him to walk up stairs, so another room on the ground floor had to be allocated to my parents. We were on half board, but some days, my father couldn't make it to the buffet, and Management was kind and understanding enough to allow my Mum to tour the buffet, select their food which was then kindly delivered to their room without any extra charge for this service.

Rooms (superior and/or suite) are brilliant; food (morning/evening buffet, the complimentary 10AM fruit spikes around the pool as well as the 4PM tea/coffee/snacks, or whatever food ordered at the Beach/Pool area) was great. I challenge anyone not to find something tasty to eat !
Premises as beautiful as we remembered. The only negative thing I wish to mention is the fact that the pool water was not as clear as in the 2 previous years. Still nice, but the underwater pictures we took are quite blur compared to last years ! Not a big issue, but should be looked after, since these infinity pools are so so great, and it’s a pity when they turn slightly turquoise/green !

Staff, as last times was kind, helpful and doing its utmost to please the guests. Whatever we asked for was dealt with to our entire satisfaction. Yes, some might argue that service can sometimes be a bit slow, but, hey, aren't you on holidays? What's the big deal to wait 10-15 minutes for your drink when you can enjoy the views over the pool and/or the beach? Too bad that some of the staff I knew from previous stays was either no longer working there, or was on days off. Those I still knew and who were on shifts during our stay greeted us with hugs and kisses each time we came across them in any of the departments. They seemed as happy to see us again as we were.

Special thanks to Amani, Michael, Mr Kelly and his son Amer, Julius, Griffin (who amused my little nephew on a daily basis!), Tsama, Mary, Esther, Eliud, Alex, Adams, the askaris and all the others I haven't named here. Me and my family are extremely grateful for your kindness, politeness, availability, service-oriented attitude and your smiles ! You all made our holiday memorable.

Asante sana na tutaonana mwaka ujau !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kalinou
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We got the free upgrade to superior room. They combined 2 beds into one but it didnt really bother us. The place was fantastic, though the beach was full of seaweed - the pool was all we needed! They food was good as well, not the best ive had according to some other reviews but good. I would recommend anyone making a trip down to stay at SBR.

Room Tip: Ask for a couples upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelismypassion10
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had an excellent stay at Swahili beach, been there twice now, most recently in July 2013 and can say, that when another opportunity arises i will not hesitate to go there. Excellent food, service and the room was awesome. For those who love swimming, the option of either swimming in the ocean or in the cascading pools is a must try!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Nairobi
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited Swahili Beach during Easter 2014. We were warmly welcomed by Swahili dancers at the reception, then followed a refreshing Dawa Sawa non-alcoholic cocktail. The rooms were neat. The buffet was excellent. The only disappointment was the ALL SHALLOW beautiful swimming pool.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same...They all face the swimming pool..have balconies..etc..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Siah N
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

An amazing hotel and get away for a special occasion! The staff are very friendly the hotel and pools are amazing!!! Great services available such as the spa and fitness centre. The food is fab and an amazing buffet range of traditional, local cuisine and more normal for people that aren't willing to try local food. We were upgraded to a fantastic suite for our honeymoon and received a complimentary cake and bottle of prosecco. A luxury stay and wonderful beach view. There are sellers on the beach, but don't let it ruin your experience, the best thing to do is ignore the selling and not speak, this may seem rude but they won't bother you after that. Apart from that the hotel and experience was amazing!! A great wind down after the safari!!! The only criticism is the service at times can seem a little slow when bringing back your money after ordering a cocktail from the bar whilst lazing around the pool, but it is just their way, enjoy! People are very nice and accommodating- just means your ready for the next drink order on their return, a wonderful place and somewhere I would highly recommend!!! Just wonderful

• Stayed October 2013