Diani Backpackers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ocean Village Club(Diani Beach)
View Hotel
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsdorm roomplace to stayminute walkswimming poolgreat poolgreat facilitieswhite beachlow seasonhome away from homekite surfingwasini islandbeautiful beachhosteldianikenyacoastvolleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had a great time at SCB! As a volunteer in Kenya it was a great place to get away for a weekend. The prices are extremely reasonable. It was also awesome to have the option to either go out and grab food or simply get food there. The food was awesome and the staff was very nice and accommodating. We booked last minute and we got a tent which was awesome. The bar was super fun to hang out at and everyone was really nice. All the suggestions of places to go we were given were awesome. Next time I go back I will definitely stay for longer!

Room Tip: Get the Chapati and Nutella for breakfast!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a great backpacker place. Easy to meet new friends whenever you travel alone like me, you wont feel alone at all! Nice compound with a great pool and many choices when it comes to if you want to sleep in a dorm, private or tent. Not to expensive and the staff and managers are lovely. I liked this place so much when I was here in 2013 that I came back 2014 and stayed for a long time!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I must admit I stayed here a few years ago, tripadvisor only lets me go back 1 year. I found all the staff incredibly helpful, constantly suggesting places.to go and stuff to do! I stayed in the dorm room but was put in the private at no extra cost! What backpacker would complain?! The food was good, there was an order book where you write what you want and the chef will make it happen! Next time I am in Diani I will be coming back! Glad to see this place with so many positive reviews!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Clean and comfortable dorms and facilities (could use a few additional bathrooms/showers), cheap and good quality kitchen and bar, nice swimming pool, close enough to the local attractions while still remaining quiet and relatively secluded, friendly and helpful staff and always other travelers hanging about!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great hostel with a cool community vibe. You will not be alone for long in this place. Louis serves free shots at night and everyone will start partying and eventually end up going to 40s afterwards. The private room with shared bath was a little cramped, but had a comfortable bed and a good moskito net. The food served was cheap, slow and unfortunately below average. But who cares, if you have lovely people around you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple