“absolutely stunning designer villas, amazing food and hospitality, stunning pool and beach”
Review of Villa Kalista

Villa Kalista
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I cannot recommend this place enough - the best place I have ever stayed in Mombasa!

We were amazed by the beautiful design of the villas. the master bedroom is stunning with a huge terrace, luxury double jacuzzi and double shower in a huge bathroom with beach views. All the pother bedrooms are also lovely.

The chef was amazing, the food is really really really really really delicious! All of our special requirements were catered for including vegetarian and jain food. The lovely modern kitchens are also available if you feel the need to do any cooking yourselves.

The pool is perfect with lovely couches and sun beds to chill on and you can walk straight out on to the beach.

The ground floor veranda is lovely with huge couches and tables for a lovely outdoor lunches and dinners.

Room Tip: The master bedroom is amazing!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Magical experience, stupendous views and fantastic service.

The villas are beautifully constructed and tastefully furnished. The staff are very friendly and provide great service. I never experienced discomfort or felt the need to leave the premises.

The food was out of this world. As a lover of seafood I overindulged in fresh seafood each day that was prepared skillfully by our personal chef. Each meal was eagerly anticipated and equally appreciated. Delicious!

The views of the infinity pool and stupendous ocean were especially appreciated from the master bedroom on the third floor where I caught the magical sunrise on the ocean horizon each morning. The views were equally appreciated from the double jacuzzi in the master bedroom that overlook the Indian Ocean.

Overall a fantastic experience. I highly regret having to depart.
The staff will remain friends and I will definitely return. Home away from home.

Highly recommended to those seeking a relaxing getaway and experience absolute serenity and fantastic service. You will be looked after!

• Stayed April 2014
Praia da Pipa, RN
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is definately a good place to stay for couples or families. The concept was totally new to me, as you have your own cook and butler in the house. 3 nice meals a day, with alot of good seafood. We stayed in the top suite, and had a magnificent time, do make shure you get to enjoy the jacuzi!
If you are bothered by beachboys, this is the place as there are none around.

Nairobi
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our stay at Villa Kalista was absolutely lovely. I was impressed by the personalized service from Om, Roni and the rest of the team. The seafood was fresh and delectable, especially the lobster. I think I have definitely put on some pounds on this trip. The water temperature in the pool is just right and the rooms are spacious, with a good view of the beach.Additionally, one does not get the artificial feeling of a huge resort but instead feel like you are in a haven of tranquility.

The only thing I can mention, is the beach is a little rocky. Do carry a pair of shoes with tough soles if you go swimming during high tide

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We spent 3 nights at Villa Kalista and were treated like VIPs from the minute we arrived to the moment we left. The villas are beautifully done with all your needs catered for and more! The seafood was excellent. The entire staff were there whenever needed always smiling & willing. We hope to return later in the year.

Room Tip: All apartments are identical, with magnificent sea views
1 Thank Janice B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been to Kenya on numerous occasions and often stayed at beach hotels both in the South and North Coast. My experience at Villa Kalista was a truly wonderful and unique one. I visited with my elderly mother and sister and spent 6 nights of absolute indulgence from the moment we set foot in our villa to the moment we left. Our personal chef cooked up a culinary delight each day, our butler attended to our every demand, had massages by the poolside, and more. The villas are all sea facing and the view absolutely extraordinary. My elderly mother who turns 90 this year was treated with a traditional birthday sing a long where the entire staff joined in, with Faiza, the owner and Lucky her 8 month dog. I would most certainly recommend a stay here.

The sea water is lovely but the sea bed is rocky so it is essential to wear proper footwear whilst in the sea, but the rocky coral is a real attraction for fish and whilst I am vegetarian I saw a daily collection of fresh fish which I am sure for the fish lovers is quite a luxury. Tranquil beautiful and no beach boys! I definitely
recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Neeta D
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Royal treatment, is the least we can say, we experienced at Villa Kalista..From the day we made an inquiry about this place , till we got back home , we were taken care of as one would for their personal friends. Faiza, Om, Roni and the entire staff at the villas extended a warm and genuine welcome... its not an industry they run there... a place you call home and get regally pampered...everything was right..place, comfort, cuisine, the master ensuite is a real treat with the jacuzzi looking out into the ocean , staff attitude and not to forget Lucky the happy canine member of the villa family... we will certainly return ....the peace and quiet , yet having everything at your disposal, is a rare combination and not one to miss out on.....
thanks everyone at VILLA K....

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing and exact same..you win any time :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 5 in Galu Beach
Diani Blue
Diani Blue
#3 of 65 in Diani Beach

Been to Villa Kalista? Share your experiences!