My traveling companion and I stayed here for 5 nights in Feb 2013.
- Pretty reasonably priced once you get down to it, considering breakfast and dinner are included
- The beach is stunning and the pool is nice
- The rooms are nice. We got one of the last oceanfront rooms so the location wasn't ideal - all the way at one end of the resort, almost behind the bar - but it was lovely inside and steps from the beach
- The food was just ok. One of the dinner buffets made us both a litte rumbly in the tummy, including making my companion actually sick to his stomach. He eats meat and I'm vegetarian, though, so it could have been some of the meat that did it
- The service varied from mediocre to terrible. It took forever to get anything done in any of the restaurants - flagging multiple people over, asking more than once, etc
- We asked for the van to take us to the airport at 2pm. He didn't show up until 2:45pm. In the interim, the manager made fun of us for wanting to get to the airport early. Completely infuriating and unprofessional - reason alone never to stay here again. She added insult to injury by insisting he was '5 minutes away' for most of the time we were waiting
- No fitness center
Overall, it wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't great. I haven't stayed anywhere else along Diani Beach so I can't really compare it, unfortunately. I wouldn't go back, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is located 40 km's from Mombasa town and situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs. Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort comprises of 100 deluxe rooms, tastefully crafted and beautifully furnished found in white washed, 'makuti' roofed structures. The rooms, double or twin, are tastefully appointed with local hand carved furnishings and are filled with luxurious amenities; walk-in shower, separate toilet, mini-bar, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and have the convenience of both air-conditioning and a central ceiling fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Jovago.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Club Hotel Diani
- Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Hotel
- Indian Ocean Beach Club