Having lived in Nairobi for 7 years (where we worked for a UK-based charity 1987 - 2004), we were fortunate to be able to holiday in Mombasa about three times a year. During this time, we tried a number of hotels along the coast but Leopard Beach was our all-time favorite, and one which, after our first visit, we always returned to.
After returning to the UK in 2004 we longed to return to Kenya as a family and were delighted to be able to do so in July 2011 with our sons currently aged 20, 18 and 15. Top of our list was the desire to return to Leopard Beach and we were fortunate to be able to spend a week there ... it lived up to all our memories and we had an absolutely fantastic holiday ... and we all agreed that we should not think of holidaying anywhere else but Leopard Beach in future! The food, views, service and accommodation were wonderful and the dedicated, cheerful staff worked very hard to ensure our stay was all that it should be. Having lived in East Africa for a number of years we are very careful about drinking bottled water; however, we have always eaten all the salads and fruit at Leopard Beach. We have stayed at Leopard on numerous occasions and have never had any stomach upsets - personally we would trust the hygiene standards at this hotel. The beach is excellent although the 'beach boys' can be a little trying; best advice is to ensure you wear 'reef' or diving boots (there are poisonous Stone Fish about) when walking out and to make a deal with one beach boy before you get too far in the walk. They are able to show you some interesting sights but don't believe all of their talk about sea snakes and harmful Sea Urchins!
We stayed in the Chui Cottages which have their own private gardens and superior sea views. My husband and the boys used the hotel's diving centre during the holiday and enjoyed a number of dives on the local reefs. I know it is often a gamble to return to a destination or hotel where you have had a tremendous time in the past. However, our stay at Leopard Beach met all of our hopes and aspirations. We will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and cosmopolitan resort situated on world famous Diani Beach on Kenya's idyllic southern coast- undoubtedly Kenya's finest beach destination. The resort is built atop a coral cliff and surrounded by lush, tropical gardens which drop onto the white sandy shores of the Indian Ocean below. Holidaymakers and business travellers alike enjoy a range of world class amenities and a high level of service and attention to detail. Come and experience Leopard Beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leopard Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leopard Beach Resort And Spa
- Leopard Beach Hotel Diani