“Great location and food”
Review of Hotel Diani House

Hotel Diani House
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great location and food”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Three work colleagues traveled during the low season and stayed at Diani house. The food was fantastic, and the staff very accommodating. The room was always cleaned nicely. The view was great with a fantastic pool. The only issue was that the bottled water was always out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank EEHogan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We have been going to Diani House for years and years, the last time was in January 2011.
It is home from home, you can be as private and secluded as you want to be, or can join the other guests. The location is perfect, right on a pristine beach and warm Indian Ocean. The food is delicious, fresh and local.
Helen and Richard (Owners) are welcoming, knowledgable and discreet.
I would highly recommend it and am looking forward to spending more time there myself with family and friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are just PERFECT.They are spacious and airy, you can sit outside your room on the vera...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I had come to celebrate my 1st wedding anniv with my wife to Diani. Chose south coast over north coast because of the quality of beaches.
I had the room rental fixed at 15K
(KSh)per night. I entered the property, and it was empty and we were the only guests, thought it was possibly a low season;
We sat for the breakfast, and wow our cereals had ants. The owner blames the grocerry shop for ants. Next comes tea with cookies in the evening, the cookies were heated in the microwave oven to have the moisture taken out of them. These cookies smelt like they were very old. Again the owner blames the grocerry shop; next I had asked for a trip to wasini island, he told me the minimum price was 135 usd per head and I had the me trip planned for 45 usd from another agency; the rooms had no ac, no tv; I had to walk down to the kitchen to get anything.
I later next day shifted to Indian Ocean beach resort for a tariff of 13.5K for me and my wife and the resort was simply wow !

And ya, to compensate the old stuff the diani house fed us with, the owner promiced a bottle of wine which was never given :)

All in all Don't waste your money on this accomodation...

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank vaibhavpruthi
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We held our annual family reunion in Diani House in Aug 2011. The house is elegant, comfortable, and superbly located. The staff and the owners were discreet and extremely helpful - in particular the cooks Nico and James are first rate. All 13 of us (3 generations) had a marvelous time, and would love to return!
Makeda (Canada)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New delhi
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Those cottages are cosy , away from the main area, peaceful and really well decorated. We loved the big sofas where you can rest and read watching the sea (and the rain!) - the staff is really good : the guart very sweet and we loved the food the cook brought us. Perfect place for a romantic gateway, to rent out with friends or with family !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Diani House is a real spot in paradise - facing the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean and immersed in a magic garden with monkeys, squirrels and birds, I spent 5 nights there on my way back from Masai Mara. Hellen and Richard are fantastic hosts, discreet and always present when needed. The cottages are clean and spacious, I stayed in the sea horse cottage and was delighted to discover an amazing sea view not only from the outside veranda but even from my bed! the service and the food are excellent with fresh seafood and great variety. Diani House is far enough from the crowded big resorts and yet very close to supermarket and shops. The atmosphere is absolutely MAGIC - don't miss the opportunity to spend few days in paradise!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Epsom, Surrey
Reviewed 5 September 2008

Imagine stepping out of your front door, walking down the garden to the warm, turquoise blue waters of the Indian Ocean!
That's exactly what we had when we stayed at Diani House.
It's a guest house, not a hotel and we were very lucky to be the only guests staying there - because of the political unrest earlier in the year - and thus we had the undivided attention of all the staff and were able to take full advantage of all the superb facilities Diani House has to offer.
We stayed in the Family Cottage (Gecko) which is a picturesque building alongside the main house.
Diani House is as close as you can get to being a 'residential zoo' - the garden being filled with monkeys, dik-dik, exotic birds, trees and plants. Many of them quite rare, for example Colubus monkeys who spend the day romping over the roofs and amongst the tall trees.
With 250 feet of private beach stretching out to the reef in the distance my 2 daughters and I felt very happy to be in that beautiful place. Every morning at breakfast we could decide what we wanted to eat that evening - nothing was too much trouble from exotic fish to simple pasta it was all delicious and served with panache.
Out of interest I asked how Baobab fruit tasted - the same afternoon Ali had got some for us to try (having cycled to the market to get it especially for us!) and that is typical of the five-star service we enjoyed.
For my kids the best feature was Doo-Doo, the manager's dog, who they fell in love with and we spent hours on the beach or in the sea swimming, snorkling or body boarding. When you add to that our lucky swim with Dolphins at Wasini Island it was as close as we could get to paradise.
The atmosphere is completely relaxed and it's a truly beautiful place to be. After a busy safari holiday it was superb to simply chill-out and be pampered for 6 nights in the luxury of Diani House and we all felt priveliged to be there and very sad to leave.

• Liked — The beach and the people
  • Disliked — Going home
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family