The hotel is nice with good selection of food. I particularly enjoyed watching various birds nesting in the grass by the small pond next to the restaurant.
I met Peter and Thomas on my short walk outside the hotel, when these 2 young men were walking home after work. They told me they work on the Kongo River providing boat trips. Two days later I went over to do the boat trip with them and Captain Alex. (the hotel has a morning guided walk around the beach which ends in Kongo River)
It was an authentic, peaceful boat journey where I saw various birds on the mango marshland. A further highlight for me was the visit to their pretty village, where there are so many different kind of trees and plants, including cotton trees. Also, it was nice to see how people live in a very different way from Europe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani