Overall we had a fantastic time on this holiday and staying at this hotel.
We had a few problems during the week but the staff were fantastic in trying to resolve this for us, extra special mention has to go to Hussein who in our opinion was the STAR of this hotel! Nothing was too much trouble for him and he aimed to resolve any issue you had within 10 minutes..... We would like to say thanks to all the staff but especially Hussein (as above), Elias, Charles and Charlie! (Hi Charlie from number 4 - Wayne Rooney!!!!)
The animations team were fantastic whether rain or shine! Always trying to make the best of any situation.
Rooms are slightly outdated and the bathroom could do with a complete refurb. In our opinion the food although varied was very basic and contained large amounts of oil/grease.
Not sure why you have to pay for the mini bar in the room when on the all inclusive option you can get the same drinks free at the bar and take them to you room with no charge - this seems very strange!
We booked our safari through Rashid on the beach (Asante Tours) and this turned out to be a great decision and good value for money. However do be careful with the beach boys as they are quite persistent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda, Jovago.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani