We had an absolutely fantastic two week holiday here. I can't say a bad word about the hotel. The food was lovely and we had lots to choose from, every day there was something different (the nan breads were the best I have eaten) and the man who makes the omelettes at breakfast is so friendly to talk to while you waiting.
The staff really did make the holiday as good as it was. I can't name them all but here's a few... Hamisi Mwasema went out of his way every day to make sure we were ok and climbed the trees to pick us fresh coconuts, we loved chatting to Lillian who seated us for dinner every night, Alex who kept our room sparkling clean and of course Hussein Popote who went out if his way to remember everyone's name and came to find us every day to make sure we were as happy as we could be.
The pool was always spotless and very big with deep and shallow areas. We could spend all day sitting by the pool watching the adorable monkeys play in the beautiful gardens.
The beach is very pretty although you do get the beach boys around quite a lot, the staff arrange a beach walk for about an hour every morning so you can walk along the beach with them and not get bothered by anyone then.
Our rep Mercy was the best we've ever had. We chose to do a one night two day safari at Tsavo East which was magical and over my birthday. Mercy arranged a birthday cake for me while on safari and had all the waiters sing to me in the restaurant.
We chose the perfect place for our honeymoon and would recommend it to anyone. We will defiantly be returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani