My husband and I just returned following a two week honeymoon at this hotel and we had one of the best holidays we have ever had! I cannot praise the staff enough from the security staff, pool attendants through to the animation team and the waiters. Everyone we came into contact with could not do enough for us. The staff genuinely care about their guests and want them to have a great holiday. There are far to many to mention on here but some staff that really stood out to us were Hamisi Dzambo (chef), David & Tobias (thanks for the lovely omelettes & pizza), Josphat Nzuki, Lugwe Masumbuko, Geoffery Gachery (security), Linet mideva (trainee waitress), Frank Muturi, Felix Kivuva and geoffrey (fruit artist) who prepared us delicious fruit every morning. There were many more we could add to this list.
The animation team were brilliant! I miss the sound of uncle sam & charlie in the mornings. They tried to get you involved but were not too pushy if you didn't want to join in. The evening entertainment was good and varied. The beach walks with the animation team were a great idea as you got to walk the beach with no hassel from the beach boys.
The rooms were spotless as were the grounds and pool area. The staff work very hard and the pool attendants work effortlessly to keep the pools clean. The beach is lovely and the security staff work hard to keep the beach boys at bay.
The food was delicious and well varied. There was the main restaurant where there was buffet food with lots of choice at breakfast, lunch & dinner. There was the boritti snack restaurant which cooked great pizza along with lots of other choices of great snacks. There was a grill restaurant where the waiters serve the food at your table. I could not find any fault with the food. Truly exceptional!
We plan on returning to Southern palms again in the future and cannot wait to meet many members of the staff again. They helped shape our honeymoon into the best holiday ever.
Thank you everyone at Southern Palms, you all deserve to be very proud of yourselves for your hard work!! We can't wait to return. Michelle & Tony
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani