Just returned home today 30/10/13. Where to start firstly lovely hotel grounds and staff, secondly beach lovely. Morning breakfast mid day snack bar again very good ,MAIN MEAL not so clever every night is served as buffet style this for a 4star hotel not good. They serve you fish but do not tell what kind of fish it is. there appears to have been new management put in place clearly the wrong choice.If you choose to stay on Half board beaware that a large vodka will be chaged at the same price as a bottle of smironoff at local supermarket.Lastly the weather is great and locals the same if you do go please please see the boys on beach go to the right or left corperation, should you wish a massage the girls on beach do wonderful job 1000 ksh [ girls in hotel charge 4000ksh same massage]. I would like to say I have visited KENYA EVERY YEAR AND NORMALY TWICE AYEAR FOR MANY YEARS and as such feel I can be objective about this hotel thev result is GOOD but could do MUCH MUCH BETTER.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani