Stayed at the southern palms hotel 11th to the 25th Feb 2014 and everything about it we found Excellent.
We were greeted at reception with cold towels and a fresh coconut drink by the reception staff who were so friendly and attentive.
We were a family of four travelling with children aged 11 and 14 so had two rooms. I emailed the southern palms for peace of mind that we had connecting rooms, The hotel replied promptly and sure enough all the rooms were sorted and no problems at all.
During the day the entertainment team were great and really tried to get people to join in there activities, my husband and son played pool and beach volleyball daily and thoroughly enjoyed it.
All the staff at southern palms work very hard and always greet you with a "jambo" they are very polite and friendly a credit to the hotel.
All in all we loved everything about the southern palms, The staff the food and the beach is just amazing.
Don't be put off by the beach seller they too are very friendly, they will approach you when going to the sea but will soon leave you with a "no thanks ".
The security at the beach are great and around the complex always a wave and a "jambo".
We hope to return to Kenya and I would not hesitate to return to the Southern Palms " Brilliant".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani