This was our first visit to Mombasa and we were bit comprehensive about having to cross river via a ferry to reach the resorts in Diani. But when we got to Southern Palm Hotel, we were lost for words. What a fabulous hotel with huge swimming pool, Gym, squash and tennis courts. The beach is fabulous with white sand, the pool and garden surrounding the hotel are just fantastic. As for the staff, they are all so friendly and especially the kitchen chefs. Once they found that we were vegetarian, they went out of their way to prepare different dishes and supplied hot spicy Nan bread on our table with drinks every night. The morning breakfast selection is also superb. The hotel, its staff & its surroundings make for a very enjoyable & relaxing break, & you'll leave there totally chilled & relaxed.
Outside the resort it's quite safe to walk all the way up to the banks and Ukunda market. We booked a safari with Julius of Jt Safaris who has his office a few miles away opposite Neptune hotel, We read his website before we left the UK & noted down his mobile number, & when we got to the hotel I gave him a ring & he came to meet us across the road in restaurant bar. He brought a Laptop to show us all different resorts and gave us guidance on our trip. He was so certain of our selection that he only charged 50% with remaining 50% to be paid if were fully satisfied. Julius is a small man who is extremely kind and very honest. We booked (5) Days to go to Tsavo East, Amboseli and Masai Mara for 2 nights. We stayed one night at Ash Nil Camp in Tsavo East (5 star), one night at Sentrim Camp in Amboseli (4 Star) facing Mt Kilimanjaro and 2 nights at Kichwa Tembo camp in Masai Mara (4 Star) with exceptionally beautiful view of mara games. Accommodation in all three locations was great with extra attention was paid to our vegetarian diets. Booking with Julius enabled us to have an experience of a lifetime, but it was a great feeling to be able to leave Kenya having made a new friend in Julius who is genuinely a compassionate, honest and unique man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani