This was our 3rd hotel on our travels in Kenya and it certainly came up to standard, we had a ground floor room overlooking the pool which was good but lacked places to put your suitcases on and as we were only there a few nights wasn't worth unpacking our cases. The room was very clean and the staff were very friendly. the pool was huge and plenty of sunbeds available and you could lounge about in the very nice gardens but watch out for the naughty monkeys. We loved the restaurant and the food was excellent with the chef coming round to ensure the food was ok with plenty of choice and once again the soup was superb. The restaurant next to the beach was great for lunch time with the pizzas and burgers delicious. beyond the hotel is the beach which was the best of all the hotels and once again our diving in this area was brilliant. the hotel had entertainment in the evenings which finished promptly at 11pm so as we were up at 6am for diving we could still get a good nights sleep. This hotel is well situated for safaris at Tsavo parks as well. If you are after a nice relaxing holiday with excellent food and pools you will enjoy this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani