Wow, what an amazing place! Arrived at the southern palms after a week on safari. Met by my son who had arrived 12 hours earlier, check in was quick and easy the welcome we recieved from the hotel staff was amazing. The room was lovely with a big balcony - very clean and comfortable.
The food was plentiful, varied and good - something for everyone even fussy eaters like myself!
The swimming pools have to be seen to be believed, absoloutly fantastic, the grounds are kept immaculate.
Walking onto the beach was like stepping into paradise (until the beach boys spot you!!) the beach is private and the security guards keep the beach boys away as much as they can.
There is a beach walk every morning with one of the hotel staff and a guard to stop amy hassel from the boys, its well worth going on.
Entertainment wasnt the best with the disco being a bit out dated - every thing stops at 11pm
The security guards are some of the nicest people i have ever met, they work 12 hour shifts of pretty much standing in the same place all day long but the smiles never leave thier faces. Peter and Mark were two great guys. Anderson who worked the beach bar was another favourite of ours, the drinks were ready before we got there!!
It was my 'BIG' birthday while we were at the hotel, the staff went out of thier way to make it speical organising a party on the beach and baking a cake for me, a big thank you Ester and Rama
Back to the beach boys, they can be a real pain but if you take the time to talk them and have a look at their goods they will respect you and leave you alone. John, Solomen and doctor were three lovely lads who made sure the others left us alone to enjoy our time on the beach, Swimming in the indian ocean was another highlight of our holiday the water is clear and warm but quite choppy when the tide comes in - you have been warned!!
Overall a fantastic place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani