I have been to Southern Palms many times, even once a year when i visit Kenya, and this decision i feel is vindicated by the never-lagging performance. Although there was a fire some time back, it has returned to its former glory, and seems to me to be the best of the hotels in South Coast, namely because of its size (not too big like leisure lodge), and its service. The moment we arrive there the hotel staff do their best to welcome us, and the views from certain rooms are fantastic. The swimming pool is great, and the animationn team are arguably the best animation team out of all the hotels in mombasa. The food is good, breakfast never gets boring, however sometimes the dinner isn't too great. In my opinion, the South coast beach is muchbetter than the north coast beach for a plethora of reasons: no seaweed on the beeach, cleaner, and if you are into it, facing the waves at high tide provides a fantastic adrenaline rush. Beach boys are a part and parcel of kenyan beaches, and a stern no will ward them off.
All in all, i will be visiting southern palms this august, and as ever, i am looking forward to it with great excitement.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani