We have just returned from the resort after two weeks half board holiday booked through Thomas Cook. The staff are brilliant and most helpful. The accommodation is good but could do with some refreshing. The swimming pool is excellent and so is the food in the main and the Italian restaurants. The Manyata Grill is supposed to serve authentic Masai grilled food, regretfully this is not so as it is tailored for the western tourist tastes. The Lebanese restaurant is nowhere anything like lebanese cuisine, It offers only two set menus (A and B - costing KSH 2500 andKHS 2000 respectively) which are not value for oney. The hotel would better by providing more varied selection and discontinue withe "Plans A & B"!
Our special thanks go to Elias, Lucy, Francis and Victor (main restaurant), Joy (reservations) Julius (Front desk) and nncy (shop) - all exceptional helpful individuals. We look forwrd to ur return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Southall Travel, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani