Having just returned from our second stay at Southern Palms I thought best to relay our thoughts. The resort was very much the same as when we stayed 4 years ago except a few added extras that help to add to the overall pleasure of the stay. Small things such as the TV/DVD player in room, fridge and mosquito nets around the bed.
A majority of staff simply can’t do enough for you, in particular Drinks waiter Lugwe and Borito bar (for lunch) and grill (in the evening) waiter Noor are both fantastic. Please remember to tip for the good service as they really appreciate it and rely upon it. Both guest relations staff Beatrice and Joy are both wonderful. Really happy to assist with anything you need. I requested some rose petals and a bunch of roses for an anniversary surprise for my wife and they duly arranged for next to no cost at all. (42 roses in a bunch!)
The animation team do a great job and we found the beach walk they did at 10.30am each morning really good to get some sun, explore out the resort without hassle from the beach boys and simply to see the beautiful stretch of beach wind round Diani.
In short, food is plentiful and of good quality. We found the Manyata grill to be fantastic with a really unique way of serving the food on giant skewers and swords and the Italian food was simply brilliant also with live background music and eating above the Borito bar under the stars. (The wife found the setting rather romantic). Take normal precautions to avoid upset stomachs. We went half board and cannot see how we would have been better off going AI. We spent half of what AI would have cost with Thomas Cook.
If you plan to do any shopping, Try Moiz boutique just 10 mins walk towards the hospital. No hassle, the cheapest prices and unique items we did not see anywhere else, prices on everything and the price you see is the price you pay.
We did a safari with WT safari and check our review on this site.
Thank you to all at Southern Palms for making our holiday special once more. 10/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This dramatic hotel with its fantastic pools and beautiful beach is the perfect spot to relax after a safari… or simply visit to relax! The warm and very African feel of the hotel with comfortable rooms, well appointed bathrooms and selection of restaurants offers guests plenty of places to lounge in the sun and almost as many shady spots to enjoy a bit of a breeze and a good book. All rooms have quiet, split unit air conditioners, televisions, mini fridges and coffee and tea making facilities. There is a safe (chargeable) in each room and a business center located in the main building with internet or wifi access in public areas. The drama of the huge, traditional makuti (thatched) roof in the main restaurant offers the Chef a terrific showcase for a varied selection of local and international dishes on the buffet or you could indulge at one of the a la carte restaurants (chargeable) for a special occasion or just a quiet evening for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Hotelopia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Palms Beach Hotel Diani
- Southern Palms Beach Diani