Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Morning Star Resort(Diani Beach)
  • Breakfast included
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Diani Bay Resort(Diani Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsduring low seasonbeach frontbreathtaking beachgreat resortbig bathroomwooden furniturepublic areasocean viewenjoyed my staywhite sand beachhotel staffthe general managerspecial thanksmutuaconferenceceobahari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Even if thea beach is beautiful, the hotel is old and no so clean. For everyday task, the staff is ok, but for big tasks, like New Year Eve, they are not too many to accomplish the tasks. They tried to provide better holidays for giving us complete Q & A with the champagne as we want, but it was not successful enough as it looked on the table :))

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A memorable 2012-2013 cross over at this hotel, not easy to forget for one I got engaged at the Leisure lodge beach, but also because of the fantastic service from staff , all the way from the top CEO, Mutua to each level of staff. Check in was very friendly with Peninah at the front desk very helpful.

The room allocated was not in good condition, with some paint flaking off and no bath tub. We complained and were immediately moved to a much better room on the same bahari superior wing but with a better room and both ocean and pool view. The hotel still needs to work on refurbishing all their rooms ( the effort is ongoing I was made to understand). they also need to work on newer towels while at it.

The low efforts on the room is almost fully made up for by the great and friendly service of the staff, right from the waiters, cleaners, gardners to the person allocating beach beds, by name Said. The food is good with a great effort to create variety, as well as change the dinner/lunch venues. The hotel goes to great efforts to create recreational activities for both adults and children all day long, for those who would rather chill out at the beach, beds are right on the beach giving you front row views of the sea, and no beach boys to disturb. Perfect.

The beach at South Coast and in particular the Leisure Lodge stretch is worth a mention. It is one of the best in Kenya, pristine. I would highly Reccomended this hotel.

Room Tip: If looking for sea view, book Bahari premium, and insist on sea facing. I understand they are recently refurbished, bahari superior (where we stayed) also has great views and is cheaper but some rooms need maintainance. Block k , upper level has great views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Njere
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I was here with my family during Christmas 2012. It was also the hotel's 40th anniversary (1972-2012). The place is huge! The service was great and the staff is friendly.. The managers are very friendly. The food was good. Loads of activities to do like aqua aerobics and golf. The room I stayed in had good air conditioning. The beach was a 2 min walk from my room which was at the Bustani side. There weren't many complaints from my family except maintenance issues. The air conditioners and fridges in some of the rooms weren't working and are a bit too old. Nevertheless, it is a great place to spend time with your family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This place - Leisure Lodge Hotel - is MASSIVE!
I felt like I was constantly negotiating a massive maze....this is despite the well-marked pathways with very clear signage.
My friends and I visited early December 2012 and the place was rather empty of guests....maybe because we kept to one side of the hotel? We did at least three pools and of course the evening beach walks were just great..definitely a cleaner beach-line than the north coast.
The food was ok, just your typical hotel buffet servings all the way from breakfast to dinner.
The downside: The shower curtains in our rooms were old and dirty. Could the hotel management consider having sliding glass cubicles or sanitize the shower curtains please??
The monkeys were a TOTAL nuisance, we could not have our afternoon tea in peace and in fact they (Monkeys) grabbed (violently) our biscuits and cakes!
One of my friends said she found hair stuck on her pillowcase case yak!
The towels were supposed to be white but they are turning brown!
We got the newer rooms and yet they were not very well cleaned, saw lots of dust on almost all surfaces, even in the bathroom.
Some of the waiters at the poolside looked oppressed (maybe unwell), otherwise why a smug look all the time?
And oh, I almost forgot that there was a huge lizard-like animal near the breakfast place at Bustani, very scary.
The place is too pricey and one could get much better for much cheaper in a place like Watamu.
All in all we enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Insist on the newer refurbished rooms. I heard from friends that the older rooms were not that good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My husband, my daughter and I stayed at this hotel for Christmas holiday for 8 days in 2011. The booking was well handled from Nairobi and the reception at the hotel on checking in was good. Most of the staff were friendly. The general manager and other managers were very friendly and concerned about the guests. When I had problems with the food, they attended to me very fast. No one can match the zeal and speed with which the GM manages guests! But I wish he extended the same to inspecting the rooms.

This hotel is old and so is the linen - the bedcovers/spreads are faded. The towels need special attention - they have not only faded but are also very dirty - I have not seen such towels even in the poorest deppressed side hair salons! They may be best used for other sanitary functions!

I kept on hoping that the guests on the more affluent club side of the hotel had better facilities until I met a friend who had the same complaints with us. Unless the hotel is given an overhaul, guests will run with their money.

Verdict: Not value for money. Only go there if you hear it has been refurbished.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family