“Dissapointment”

Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
“Dissapointment”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am so much dissapointed by one of your staff whom i tried contacting about accommodation i believe in hospitality speaking from experience you are not supposed to be rude but one Liz Ayany told me"you are getting into my nerves' no matter how many questions a guest asks you i believe you are supposed to be patient but for her it was a nag n a bother if thats how you respond to clients am so much dissapointed. and if it was my accommodation i would not prefer leisure lodge and cannot advise anyone anyone to stay there but because of circumstances let it be.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Maggie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
USA
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Let me list the things you will expect to find here (and this is in the renovated Premier Bahari rooms that are sea-facing):

1. Roaches is room - two days Ina. Row I found dead roaches in my bathroom and in the bedroom area. I assume they had died while I was sleeping from the roach kill under the sinks. They were being eaten by ants by the time I awoke.
2. No net on the beds: in a mosquito prone area like The coast all resorts of any worth have something to shield clients from the mozzies. I had to call in for a net to be put up. When the guy with the net got here he stepp all over my bed with his filthy feet to put up the net.
3. Sleazy staff: was in my room, had requested for matches. My door was not all the way closed. When the staff, a man, finally came, he didn't bother to knock. He just walked in to my horror.
4.indifferent staff: Hass to call two times to get a item I ordered delivered to the room. Plus I had a headache and they didn't have any painkillers in the whole hotel (although they didn't really try to check for me) and told me to walk to the gate and across the street at night to buy painkillers. It'd your problem, not theirs.
5. Dirty water kettle: probably had not been cleaned in weeks. Had water still in it with white powdery substance floating in it. Disgusting! Even if they finally discover the kettle is dirty and wash it, I wouldn't feed the roaches with that water.
6. No turn down service: room was as is every night I came back to room. Had to fit the net myself.
7. No linen or toiletries replacement: they didn't replace my hand towel that I had to use as a floor mat because they hadn't replace my floor mat. Towels really old. No shower cap replacement.
8. Sticky dirty safe: safe face and buttons were DIRTY and sticky. Was so disgusted trying to keep my valuables safe.
9. Rude staff: got a lot if talk back by Judy at the reception. With her the customer is NOT right. She told me that something I was telling her happened to me was an 'allegation'.
10. The place is OOOLD: no meaningful renovations in years. You can stay at the numerous other neighboring hotels that offer 10times better experience at a comparable price.

What's nice about this hotel?
1. Food was good although the staff were very rude about when you could serve food. I came in at 12.34 (official lunch starts at 12.30) and I was chased away even though the food was ready and chefs ready to serve.
2. Pool looked welcoming although I never used it.
But you can find good food and great pools at the other hotels. Stay anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TravelBuggy2
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel to inquire about possibility of holding a wedding in the resort, we are informed to sit and wait as the person responsible was organizing some government conference, 20 minutes later we are still waiting, 30 minutes and we are still told the person will take 10 minutes at which we decided to leave, as we drive out we are stopped at the gate and the gate-man asks to speak to my fiancee, shameless receptionist colludes with a guest and they try to hit on my fiancee, this has got to be the most unprofessional resort i have come across in decades and they should be ashamed. I recommend anyone to the resorts next to them like swahili beach and leopard resort that were courteous and took time to explain the amenities to us.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Daniel K
Leisure Lodge R, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Daniel,

We have learnt of your experience with a lot of concern and for sure it must have been frustrating to you. It would have been prudent for to to demand to speak to a senior person because we do not condone such behaviours from our staff members a fact that they all know very well. We give all customer special attention and this is the first time that we here about this kind of behaviour.

You were a potential client who deserved a carpet to be rolled out for. We missed this opportunity but there is always a second chance. The issue abount your fiancee was unfortunate and should have reached the managemnt for action to be taken,

We look forward to be of service to you and correct the short comings.
Fortrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Attended a conference at the Leisure Lodge Resort in Mombasa at the end of February. It was some 7 years since I stayed at the resort previously but the resort has lost none of its charm and facilities.
The rooms are exceptionally well appointed - very spacious, very comfortable. The location is tremendous - well laid out gardens that lead down to the beautiful white sands of the Indian Ocean.
The choice and range of food at all meals is of the highest standard and there are plenty options as to where to eat with the complex. For those who appreciate sea food, the "Fisherman's Cove" restaurant is a must - excellent local seafood, well prepared, well presented and a good choice of most acceptable wines to accompany it.
All members of staff from General Manager, John Kioko Mutua, down to the newest members are very pleasant, helpful and courteous.
The conference facilities will easily match most of the Scottish facilities - very comfortable with selection of break out rooms and good catering service for breaks.
I can recommend the venue without hesitation. If anyone requires conference facilities in Kenya - this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Well worth looking at the complex layout and selecting rooms that best suit your needs.
1 Thank Ramsay M
Leisure Lodge R, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Ramsay,
Thank you for your very encouraging comments on our facility and service. We are glad that we met your expectations, we are a team that makes sure that we deliver what we promise and where possible exceed the customer expectation.

We also like being told where perhaps we may have gone wrong so as to be able to even improve on our service delivery.

Once again, thank you so very much and looking forward to welcome you again to our sunny side of paradise.
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I attended a conference here, and the sheer spread of the hotel facilities, and warmth and attention of the staff, the closeness to nature, and the mindfulness of security, all made me feel comfortable and safe. I must add that the variety of cuisine is fantastic. I would certainly recommend it, and would certainly return with my family for a vacation. My first trip to Mombasa and Kenya; and an excellent reason to go back again.

Room Tip: The ground floor, with your balcony opening out to the poolside and the beach path is ideal.
Dear Mr. Adegboyega,

Thank you for your comments about the service you received while staying at Leisure Lodge Resort. We made sure that all the participants for your high profile conference were well taken care of. we will endeavour to uphold our standards and even improve where we have not achieved the desired level of service.

We are very delighted that you are already planning to come back for holiday with your. Just let us know when you intend to come so that we prepare for your visit.

Once again thank you very much for your exhilarating comments.
Mombasa, Coast, Kenya
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is situated in Diani beach,which is approx 30 Kilometres south of Mombasa.One has to cross the Likoni channel using a ferry.I found ferry queue waiting time reasonable(15minutes).The road is all weather tarmac upto the hotel.Check in was swift with a welcome traditional swahili coconut juice.Security was perfect.Conference delegates were also received with the traditional Digo dance troupe.I spent 2 nights here.Meals excellent with variety and service was always swift with a smile.Conference facilities well set up and wifi signal was strong throughout my stay.Rooms clean and airconditioning excellent.Toiletries provided were adequate.There were plenty of tourists from Europe but this did not negatively affect service.There also several swimming pools with various games for the hotel guests.The downside:there were tv in rooms but not the flatscreen which has a better resolution.All in all,I found the hotel to be very good.

Room Tip: choose the sea facing rooms
Dear Munir,

It is a pleasure to read your comments and we feel deeply enthused and encouraged to even go an extra mile to make sure all our guests moments are turned into lasting memories.

We are in the process of replacing all the remaining old TVs with the modern flat screen ones.

looking forward to welcoming you back to our sunny side of paradise.
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the first weekend of Feb for a friends wedding.
The stay was ok. when we arrived, our room was given away to someone else, even though there were welcome packs and it took half an hour for us to get our room. when we got there, it wasnt prepared and someone was fixing the mini fridge and a few minutes later someone came to change the batteries for the remote. Our shower head wasnt fixed properly and when we first switched it on the whole bathroom got wet as the water was pouring above the curtain shower and not into the basin. that night our bathroom has lots of ants and a dead cockroach. not the best thing to have in your bathroom. the room otherwise was good and clean. our balcony light wasnt working and even though we complained on the first day it wasnt fixed for the entire stay. I had ordered for a spoon from the reception, but they told me to go to the restaurant - which was a bit far to get one otherwise I will be charge room service. - first I have ever heard of.
the food was good - as the wedding guests had a different menu.
personally i think the hotel was a bit too large for everyone to be together and enjoy the wedding together. the pool was quite icky as there were lots and lots of insects - looked like it hadnt been cleaned and there was a small baby snake too.
however, i must commend the service of the waiters and the security. my purse was left on the bed and they counter checked everything in it - which was a bit surprising - and put it in the safe. they shouldve have left a note sayig they did that as i was quite panicky when i didnt see my purse. but thankfully they kept it safe and all was intact.

Room Tip: try get the villa
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
We have taken your comments with great concern and taken aback that you went through such an experience but you still enjoyed your stay. We took your comments seriously and rectified all the shortfalls. Your candid and honest observation has helped us put measures that will eradicate such poor service. We always stive to give better service and also admit when we are at fault and quickly offer solution to make up for it.

We thank you most sincerely for your invaluable feedback.