Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Hotels.com
US$250
US$209
  • Pool
Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)
US$106
US$169
US$142
  • Pool
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
US$148
US$135
Agoda.com
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$126
Travelocity
US$1,157
Hotels.com
Waterlovers Beach Resort(Diani Beach)
US$335
Agoda.com
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsduring low seasonbeach frontbreathtaking beachgreat resortbig bathroomwooden furniturepublic areasocean viewenjoyed my staywhite sand beachhotel staffthe general managerspecial thanksmutuaconferenceceobahari
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Leisure Lodge is a really nice place to stay. The grounds are spacious, the beach is lovely, and the staff are excellent. Meals are excellent too - far better than you would get in many western hotels.

My only complaint would be the noise that comes from the hotel's evening entertainment programme (loud music mainly), which can be disturbing if you are trying to get some sleep... but this is the same problem in most hotels on the coast.

Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Splendid Good service, natural environment, Built in waterfalls and Caves, Friendly personalized service

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DJCollo
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Lies upon a big coral rock, beautiful view from the rooms to the ocean. Very nice staff, good food, great service and a place te recover from the stress in Europe. Pole pole is the word to remember(means slow down go easy...) Not far from small shopping center and a big supermarket(Natumat) and close to a small supermarket(3 min by foot).
Most guests are German speaking and a lot of those people have been spending the holiday for even more then 20 years.......!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Pientje59
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We booked the Leisure Lodge Hotel by TUI from 14. November 2009 to 6. Dec 09
I – Me. Gino T. received room L2 and Evelyn D. room K4.
On 28. November we left the Hotel after dinner at around 21.15 hrs with the hotel taxi to a beer garden.
We came back to the hotel at around 00.25 hrs and I entered my room L2 and immediately I realized that my room was not the way I left it and I called me Evelyn D.
Than the ac was off and I left it on, the cupboard was open and the safe was broken and also the door to the balcony was tempered.
Evelyn D. notified the reception the case and their after we called Razik O. A. as the coordinator for our organization called Washa Taa, who we have worked with since 2003. On arrival after 15 minutes he called the Diani Police Station.
All this time we wondered where the security officers were even after all the neighbors realized that there was something wrong
Some minutes later came the security of the Hotel.
Around 6 to 7 people entered the room L2 and they checked and touched everything in the room. Between 4 and 5 minutes later came 1 officer called Daniel Macharia and another Policeman from the Diani tourist Police. They could not believe that the Hotel security officers never advised anybody including themselves not to touch or to temper with anything in the room. No statements were recorded by the police or the hotel security, but the policemen promised to come the following day 29. November 2009 at 10 am to record the statement.
At around 2.30 am everybody left my room.

The following day at 9.45 clock I and Evelyn D. we called the C.E.O Mr. Mutua to seek for his assistance. It was quite unfortunate and disheartening the response which he gave.
He asked questions like “Who gave you my number, Why did you call the Police, tell them to assist you, ask your boyfriend “etc.

Even after protesting to the reception that the room should not be cleaned until the police arrive – they went ahead and cleaned the room like immediately.
The Police came around 10.15 am we were waiting at the reception but they completely ignored us and spoke to the management instead. Afterwards they took the statements from all of us.
Later on we asked the Hotel to give us the copy of the report form we had filled. They promised, we will get it soon.
Meanwhile the police promised us to give the OB the following day and the report we will receive on Wednesday the 2. December in the morning which we have not received until now.
There was no communication from the management all through.
Around 2 hrs Evelyn went to her room and meanwhile the management
Took over and they asked me to follow them in my room for questioning.
I liked to call Evelyn or the tour leader from TUI Mary, but they said –NO – we would like to talk to you alone.
They did ask me “ when did I knew Evelyn, where I met her first time, does she knows my code number of the safe and has she ever been alone in my room the same evening?”
The reflection of their questions prompted me to think, that they were putting the case to my friend Evelyn, which could not hold any water.
Around 5 Hrs had came the operations manager to the tour leader Mary- not to us.
I asked him, why you do not like to talk to me. A few minutes later he came to us and then unfortunately enough instead of talking about what happened, he kept on complaining that I have never greeted him in the first two days and why I have such an angry face.
We were shocked about his restorations.
After all what transpired their was no professional handling of our case From the management.
We did requested Mr. Shabani and the tour leader Mary that we have to change the hotel because of our security.
Mr. Shabani did promised us that we should not worry, Mr. Mutua is off for three days an now I am the one in charge and I will make sure, that you feel safe and secured in the hotel.
We believed him and we complied with his request.

24 Hrs later- I have been very sick and sad about all, around 4 pm came
The front office manager Mr. Amani to us and advised us to leave the hotel, after they have realized that they have wronged us.
We had to look for a hotel for me because am handicapped and I sit in a wheelchair. Through our tour leader we got one and left the Hotel leisure Lodge without the promised copy of the Hotel report form which we had filled earlier or the OB number from the police.titi

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank Susann-t1979
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We visited this resort on our recent trip to Kenya in Dec 2009. If you are planning a trip to the coast or want to relax for a few days after a safari, this is the place.
Rooms: definitely worth spending the money for a club room. they are cool, clean and very up to date. we received a fruit basket, bottled water and a bottle of South African wine in our room on arrival and all were refilled daily. toiletries are decent (Dove brand). beds are comfortable and the balconies look out onto different parts of the resort. ours looked out onto the pool and we could hear birds singing in the mornings! room service was on time and there was even evening turn-down service.
Beach: just amazing...soft powdery white sand that goes on for miles, great for walking. you can buy local crafts on the beach but won't be harassed if you are not interested. lots of tourists on the beach and good security. water was warm and the reef is visible during low tide. great swimming if you have young children also since the water is shallow at low tide. you can also do a glass bottom boat ride or dolphin excursion which you can arrange right off the beach!
Facilities: nice pools. kept fairly clean, with lifeguards on site and the water was warm. poolside waiter service was a little slow but no other issues. we went during busy season and pools were never crowded. there are clean towels on hand at the pool and lots of loungers. the gardens are nice and the facilities are generally clean. the resort is big so you can get quite a walk just exporing the different parts. there is a dive shop on the beach and we saw lots of people doing water sports (parasailing, jetskiing etc). also, if you golf, you won't want to stay anywhere else since this resort has an 18 hole golf course in the back. I also tried the spa for a massage. prices are inexpensive the massage is good, a nice treat at the end of a hot day. the spa however is quite basic compared to other resorts I have been to. we noticed there was a kids club but ours were having too much fun with us to join in. they had all sorts of activities planned for the kids and also had a playstation room.
Food: LOVED IT! great variety. full service breakfast with everything imaginable. there are European, American, African and Indian foods served at breakfast, lunch and dinner. the food is hot and buffet areas are very clean. lots of fresh fruits, desserts and cheeses also. and don't miss the "ice coffee" either! there are also a la carte nights so you don't have to eat from the buffet all the time. it gives you a nice change of pace each night to switch between a la carte and buffet. there is also a wonderful seafood restaurant which is a la carte...not to be missed! make sure you make a reservation there at least one night. you can eat all 3 meals at the resort each day or just two and go to other resorts for dinner or lunch since there are lots of places to eat nearby. also, we had live music from African singers during most lunches and dinners which created a relaxing environment during meals. the lunches were often served at a restaurant right on the beach!
We flew directly from Nairobi Wilson Airport to the Diani Airstrip which is about a 50 min flight and the hotel is about 10 min from the airstrip. Make sure you take sunscreen. There is insect repellant in each room. We saw a few ants in the room but that's about all. There are mosquitos outside in the evening so bug spray in the evening when you leave your room is probably a good idea. No other complaints. Also the manager there John Mutua is always around and makes a point to visit guests throughout the day. He seems very willing to talk to guest and takes care of any details if you are unhappy about anything.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family