“Worst dining intented experience”

Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Diani Beach
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We wanted to have a dinner for our wedding anniversary at Leisure lodge during a theme dinner which was set in the garden. It was a regretful bad idea which did spoiled our evening.
Arrrived at the restaurant we were refused a table as we did not match with their standard. My wife was wearing very elegant clothes and jewellery , myself a casual shirt with smart bermudas over the knees. We were then told to wait as the manager should be called.....and we wait there for 15 minutes in front of everyone at the restaurant entrance everybody watching at us like catched thieves.
This is how Leisure lodge treat their guests.
Being refused a table and be left there without care made the worst restaurant experience of my life.
We were then send back out of the hotel and went somewhere else more welcoming for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank voyageurautourdumond
sebgm, General Manager at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2010

Dear neighbouring hotel / chef,
appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed at the Leisure Hotel in the club section. The rooms there are larger than the ones at the hotel, and the rooms/bunglows are located around two big pools - whereas the hotel section offers sea-side view. Leisure Lodge is characterized by very friendly staff and a great setting at the Indian Ocean in a big park with old big trees - among them huge Boabab trees - and palms.
The food is nice, even though not the very best at the South Coast, the service in the restaurants and in the rooms was very good and attentive - especially noticeable when one of us didn't feel well for a couple of days.
Both food and drings were rather inexpensive for a 4-5 star place. Great value for money!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This is a very large large establishment with one hotel part and one club part. When we stayed here the club part was practically empty. The hotel part (where we stayed and spent the vast majority of our time, eventhough we were allowed to enter the club part) consists of a main building with lobby, restaurant, shops, bars, casino, "disco" etc and 6 2-storeys wings for hotel rooms facing either the upper pool area or the beach (i think almost all rooms have some sea glimpse). The rooms are fairly spatious and have AC and good beds, the bath rooms however are not recently renovated and their standard differed between our rooms and our friends rooms. The garden is beautiful and calm, there are sun beds both in the garden and on the beach. The staff was very friendly and let us e.g. check out late and stored some of our luggage during our safari, everything at no extra cost. We had booked half board which consisted of breakfast, afternoon tea (including cakes and sandwiches) and dinner. You do not need moch more food than that, I normally had only soup for lunch at the beach bar. The dinner was very good with either a 6-7 course set menu or a buffet with a specific theme (such as barbeque or chinese). There are a lot of activities such as beach volleyboll, try golf, village tour, swahili, try scuba evening show etc, most of them at no cost (however some tipping is sometimes expected). The concept is that you shall spend all your time (and money) within the hotel, but you can walk out on the road (after a guard has opened the gate) and go to a mini market 200 m to the right or to a bank, shopping center and supermarket 1 km to the left. Notable is that the price we paid was roughly 50 % lower than the hotel list price (we booked through a local travel agent, Kuoni) and i think this hotel is very price worthy e.g in comparison with the more expensive neighbour Leopard Beach (which we visited for a lunch one day). To conclude our review: We are very satisfied with our stay at Leisure Lodge and may return if we go to Kenya again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Leif_J
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Leisure Lodge is a really nice place to stay. The grounds are spacious, the beach is lovely, and the staff are excellent. Meals are excellent too - far better than you would get in many western hotels.

My only complaint would be the noise that comes from the hotel's evening entertainment programme (loud music mainly), which can be disturbing if you are trying to get some sleep... but this is the same problem in most hotels on the coast.

Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Splendid Good service, natural environment, Built in waterfalls and Caves, Friendly personalized service

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DJCollo
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Lies upon a big coral rock, beautiful view from the rooms to the ocean. Very nice staff, good food, great service and a place te recover from the stress in Europe. Pole pole is the word to remember(means slow down go easy...) Not far from small shopping center and a big supermarket(Natumat) and close to a small supermarket(3 min by foot).
Most guests are German speaking and a lot of those people have been spending the holiday for even more then 20 years.......!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Pientje59
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We booked the Leisure Lodge Hotel by TUI from 14. November 2009 to 6. Dec 09
I – Me. Gino T. received room L2 and Evelyn D. room K4.
On 28. November we left the Hotel after dinner at around 21.15 hrs with the hotel taxi to a beer garden.
We came back to the hotel at around 00.25 hrs and I entered my room L2 and immediately I realized that my room was not the way I left it and I called me Evelyn D.
Than the ac was off and I left it on, the cupboard was open and the safe was broken and also the door to the balcony was tempered.
Evelyn D. notified the reception the case and their after we called Razik O. A. as the coordinator for our organization called Washa Taa, who we have worked with since 2003. On arrival after 15 minutes he called the Diani Police Station.
All this time we wondered where the security officers were even after all the neighbors realized that there was something wrong
Some minutes later came the security of the Hotel.
Around 6 to 7 people entered the room L2 and they checked and touched everything in the room. Between 4 and 5 minutes later came 1 officer called Daniel Macharia and another Policeman from the Diani tourist Police. They could not believe that the Hotel security officers never advised anybody including themselves not to touch or to temper with anything in the room. No statements were recorded by the police or the hotel security, but the policemen promised to come the following day 29. November 2009 at 10 am to record the statement.
At around 2.30 am everybody left my room.

The following day at 9.45 clock I and Evelyn D. we called the C.E.O Mr. Mutua to seek for his assistance. It was quite unfortunate and disheartening the response which he gave.
He asked questions like “Who gave you my number, Why did you call the Police, tell them to assist you, ask your boyfriend “etc.

Even after protesting to the reception that the room should not be cleaned until the police arrive – they went ahead and cleaned the room like immediately.
The Police came around 10.15 am we were waiting at the reception but they completely ignored us and spoke to the management instead. Afterwards they took the statements from all of us.
Later on we asked the Hotel to give us the copy of the report form we had filled. They promised, we will get it soon.
Meanwhile the police promised us to give the OB the following day and the report we will receive on Wednesday the 2. December in the morning which we have not received until now.
There was no communication from the management all through.
Around 2 hrs Evelyn went to her room and meanwhile the management
Took over and they asked me to follow them in my room for questioning.
I liked to call Evelyn or the tour leader from TUI Mary, but they said –NO – we would like to talk to you alone.
They did ask me “ when did I knew Evelyn, where I met her first time, does she knows my code number of the safe and has she ever been alone in my room the same evening?”
The reflection of their questions prompted me to think, that they were putting the case to my friend Evelyn, which could not hold any water.
Around 5 Hrs had came the operations manager to the tour leader Mary- not to us.
I asked him, why you do not like to talk to me. A few minutes later he came to us and then unfortunately enough instead of talking about what happened, he kept on complaining that I have never greeted him in the first two days and why I have such an angry face.
We were shocked about his restorations.
After all what transpired their was no professional handling of our case From the management.
We did requested Mr. Shabani and the tour leader Mary that we have to change the hotel because of our security.
Mr. Shabani did promised us that we should not worry, Mr. Mutua is off for three days an now I am the one in charge and I will make sure, that you feel safe and secured in the hotel.
We believed him and we complied with his request.

24 Hrs later- I have been very sick and sad about all, around 4 pm came
The front office manager Mr. Amani to us and advised us to leave the hotel, after they have realized that they have wronged us.
We had to look for a hotel for me because am handicapped and I sit in a wheelchair. Through our tour leader we got one and left the Hotel leisure Lodge without the promised copy of the Hotel report form which we had filled earlier or the OB number from the police.titi

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo