I've stayed here twice and thoroughly recommend staying here if you are visitng eastern Africa and want a beach vacation. Stunning location. Great design and finishing to pretty much everything in the resort. Excellent food and a pretty good wine list. Amazing location. Beautiful powder white beach. Range of water sports. Extremely friendly and helpful service.
You can easily jump to the Maasai Mara for some safari also. Then return here for some rest.
Only downside - it can be tricky to locate their contact details to book the 1st time. Here is their direct email address to make bookings: [--]
Their sister property is the Sands at Nomad on Diani Beach. We haven't stayed there yet.
We spend about 4 weeks plus in Kenya every year and have been visiting Kenya for close to 10 years now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and managed by the same team of sister resort The Sands At Nomad, this small, personal "boutique" resort is the perfect island getaway for those seeking the ultimate in relaxation, tranquility and Island flair. The resort was completely renovated in 2006 and has been built with a very strong focus on the envirnmental beauty of the Island. Two swimming pools, a mystical SPA and a well equiped watersports facility fullfil every wish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Sands At Chale Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands At Chale Island Hotel Diani
- Sands At Chale Island Ukunda