We have spent nearly 6 months looking for a beach wedding location around the World & one day we came across Sands @ Nomad hotel on Diani beach in Kenya.
Richard (GM) was very responsive & helpful with his emails supported with photographs. After about a hundred… :) & all my detailed questions promptly answered we knew this was the place we wanted to get married at.
Him & his wife Claudia have organised for us a magical wedding ceremony on the beach.
After a short discussion she immediately understood what we have imagined for our special day & was throwing ideas at us, showing photographs with suggestions.
Her attention to detail was incredible, she was helping to choose the spot on the beach where there won’t be to much shade @ 16.00, ensuring timing would be OK with the tide, beach perfectly white & cleaned of seaweed (depending on the day & tide there is some dark seaweed coming out of the ocean), petals on sand, lots of flowers & candles… Claudia is an ideal wedding planner!
Firstly we had a short civil ceremony & after that, roman catholic one with an Italian priest - Father Angelo who is based locally. All relevant documents/formalities were taken care of by Richard who ensured we have a stress free time to enjoy ourselves with friends & family.
After all formalities were over we drank champagne, had canapés & a photo session on the beach. We hired a person who was taking photographs (no one professional available) & Claudia was snapping away with her camera to ensure that they both capture these beautiful moments. Result – lots of great shots.
We have started at 19.00, the table & Nomad beach bar was beautifully decorated. All food was delicious & well presented. For main course we had a grilled seafood platter inc lobster (EUR 27) accompanied with good selection of wines (starting at EUR 15). We have spent a whole night dancing to the rhythms of jazz band “ STARDUST” which was absolutely fantastic, playing & singing until early hours in the morning.
Outstanding service & kind hospitality of all staff @ Sands made our stay & beautiful wedding simply PERFECT!
For our honyemoon DM tours has organised a 5 night luxury safari for us which was a great adventure.
We are forever grateful to all of the Sands @ Nomad staff and management team for our happy memories! Thank you!!!
If you dream of a simple yet sophisticated, barefoot beach wedding this place is highly recommended & I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is set amid 25 acres of indigenous forest fronted by 225 meters of Kenyas most unspoilt stretches of white sand and aquamarine sea. All rooms with en-suite bathroom, hairdryer, individual air condition. Minibar, Safe, Satelite TV, Telephone and Internet access, 24 hour room service.The restaurant offers a wide selection of international cuisine, pastas, pizzas & Japanese dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sands at Nomad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands At Nomad Hotel Diani
- Sands At Nomad Diani
- Sands At Nomad Hotel Diani