Reviews from Tripadvisor lead me inquire about a stay with Sands at the Nomad. The reservation manager promptly replied to my inquiry. I asked a lot of question as this was the first (but not last) visit to Sands at the Nomad and Kenya. All of my questions were promptly and delightfully answered regarding the rooms, the food, the location, along with recommendations about a safari.
Upon my arrival in Mombasa, the driver was waiting with a friendly smile and sign from the resort. upon my arrival at the hotel a short while later, 3 more friendly smiles welcomed me with Jambo Jambo. (hello, hello).... my arrival to the hotel was approximately 2am yet the staff was happy and welcoming. The porter showed me to my room with a smile and informed me of the time for breakfast and the location of the restaurant. once to the room, a quick tour was given showing me location of the lights, drinking water and rest of my very spacious and comfortable accommodations.
the next morning i woke to the beautiful view (5 meters away) of the ocean and 10km of perfect beach. the sand is soft and the ocean is warm and clean.. after a short walk down the beach i headed for the restaurant.
the hostess and staff all greeted me with a smile.. they prepared my order with pleasure along with a sincere smile. the restaurant menu is "westernized" yet offers flavors of a local taste.. The selection of food and beverages for breakfast are sure to please any appetite.. The view of the ocean from the open air restaurant is endless and breath taking. the wait staff is friendly and sincere. lunch and dinner are plentiful and excellent in quality. the sushi selection is good and the fish is always fresh. the wine list is extensive and well rounded. the food will not disappoint.
a short walk of the property introduced me to a majority of the staff who all welcomed me with a smile and "jambo jambo".... at first you ask yourself if everyone is "really" this friendly.. after two weeks of relaxation, excellent food and service, you realized, yes, they are as happy and friendly as the rest of the world should be.
my days continued with nothing less than perfection and warm smiles greeting me with every jambo jambo.
the resort size is perfect, the staff which caters to your every need is perfect and the happiness and friendliness of everyone you encounter is a reminder of how people should treat each other..
a return to Sands at the Nomad has already been booked for near future.
without a question or doubt, stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is set amid 25 acres of indigenous forest fronted by 225 meters of Kenyas most unspoilt stretches of white sand and aquamarine sea. All rooms with en-suite bathroom, hairdryer, individual air condition. Minibar, Safe, Satelite TV, Telephone and Internet access, 24 hour room service.The restaurant offers a wide selection of international cuisine, pastas, pizzas & Japanese dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, HotelsClick, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sands at Nomad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands At Nomad Hotel Diani
- Sands At Nomad Diani
- Sands At Nomad Hotel Diani