Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Diani Sea Resort(Diani Beach)
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$130
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$250
US$178
Priceline
  • Pool
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
US$172
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
US$486
US$471
Travelocity
Lotfa Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$60
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Waterlovers Beach Resort(Diani Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,677 results
All reviewskole koleinfinity poolmaridadi restauranttapa tapa barjambo teambeach boysmama miathe lion kinginclusive restaurantstier poolday safarimonkeys and baboonsanimation teamevening showstwo weeksour honeymoonmasai mara
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed in the Baobab aprt of the resort but you are free to use all facilities of the either side sister hotels too.
Location - perfect! Right on the beach, clear, warm water to swim and snorkel in, once you've crossed the white powder sand. constant but warm on shore breeze making water sports a must!
Accommodation - perfect! I had a garden room, once you've got lost a couple of times it gets easier to find, for some reason reception doesn't provide a map of the grounds which are beautiful but huge, just remember rooms do run in numerical order!! Very clean, excellent facilities. Remember to take them up on the offer of shower facilities on your last day even if you have to be out of your room by 10am, having looked after my bags all day they just let me use an un-occupied bedroom at 4pm before my departure.
Food - perfect! Buffet style in the main restaurant at the Baobao, you can use the restaurants in the 2 next door sister hotels too so choice in endless.
Staff - really friendly and helpful, making for a relaxed atmosphere.
I will definately return and base another safari from here, it was for me the perfect way to unwind after a 5 night travelling safari which was amazing but exhausting.
Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank paula e
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Went for 2 weeks to Baobab end of February - Early March 2012.
The Baobab is a most friendly and well appointed hotel and I, along with just about everybody else I spoke to, could not really fault it.
Friendly staff and beautiful surroundings made for a great holiday and our room (we upgraded to a superior room) in the Maridadi wing was stunning.
The food was pretty good, and although I have had many better buffets there was always something to eat. My only criticism is the overuseage of ginger which I absolutely detest but which seemed to be in a lot of the dishes. Smiling happy chefs and waiters always made dining a pleasant experience and they did do some "theme nights" although to be honest apart from the Chinese night (when they really went to town with the ginger) there was no noticeable difference in the food on offer.
The monkeys are great to watch but are always looking to plan a raid if they see food and will get into the rooms if they possibly can. There are 4 types, Colobus, Sykes and Vervet Monkeys plus Baboons.
We did a 4 day safari with Julius (JT) who we cannot recommend highly enough. I will post separate reviews for JT and the lodges we stayed in. (Voi, Saltlick and Kilaguni).
Our Thomson rep Andrew was very good indeed and always concerned that all was well.

Now the downsides.
Mombasa is an absolute dump. The people are so poor and many are living in dire poverty which I found distressing to see.
The Mombasa ferry is also a bit of a nightmare and can take a long while to board although thankfully the crossing is short.
Mombasa Airport has to be the worst in the world. It took almost 2 and 1/2 hours to check in and our bags were scanned 3 times and I was "frisked" 3 times. They have 2 speeds, very slow and full stop and with no airconditioning everybody was getting hot and bothered.
Like previous reviewers we too were conned into paying $25 each for the "VIP" Lounge and as the check in took so long we had little time to spend in it. We were told we could have alcoholic drinks (not that I wanted any early in the morning) and there was free Internet access and food. The only alcohiolic drinks in a very sparse and unwelcoming room were bottles of Tusker beer, there was very little food on offer and the internet was not working. There was no screen showing flight departures and the television was showing a childs cartoon which looked as though it had been made by an infants school. What a con!
My only criticism of our rep was that he sold us these tickets and gave us no warning of the horrors to come which he must have been aware of.
We do like a walk on the beach but found it was not really possible without the constant hassle from the beach boys. I do not like being rude or ignoring people but as soon as you engage with them you are in trouble.so the best option is not to go on the beach at all, which is a shame as it really is a beautiful beach.

Overall then a great holiday with a marvellous safari and some wonderful experiences. The Baobab is really an excellent hotel
So would I go back? Not in a hurry in view of Mombasa Airport (this was also the opinion of quite a few other people so it was not just me) and the hassle of the beach. I am glad I did it and would return to the Baobab any time........ if it was somewhere else!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Choofie
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed at the Baobab ( Baobab standard rooms section ) last year in May and trust me those good times still linger.the Baobab pool seemed to be where all the aerobics n action seemed to be while Maridadi Pool was the more queiter side.I really dont understand how one Mr Muriuki got to be treated the way he claimed in a comment on this space. Am a Kenyan of African descent,well travelled within and without Kenya and honestly ive never been treated better at a hotel facility! I actually came in a private taxi without a reservation , never got stopped and infact had one of the guards by the reception help me with my bags and was checked in in under ten.The waiters at the bars didnt wanna see my glass empty EVER! and had a smile without that 'tip me' look, and they dont forget your name once you tell them the first time.The dining areas had a wide selection and you knew it was fresh coz it was being cooked infront of you as you wait.I even one time made the 'mistake ' of going to Karibu Restaurant with my wet swimming shorts which isnt allowed , yet one of the ushers ran somewhere and got me a cuishon so i wouldnt ruin the seats.My only bad experience at this great facility was during checkout. I called 3 hrs before checkout requesting a 2 hr checkout extention becoz my girlfriend was having a bad stomach after eating some snacks at a neighbourhood restaurant and they would not bugde on it .Save on this one hitch, am already saving up again for another trip down to the Baobab.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are further from TapaTapa Bar
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Irungu I
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The hotel was wonderful, the beach and resort were beyond expectations, the rep for Thomson holidays could not be better the thing what left a bad taste was the fact we paid $50 to enter a VIP lounge at Mombasa airport at the end of the holiday to find no food and not much drink after waiting in queues for more than 3 hours being searched several time then to enter for only 5 minutes and to be told you have to leave to board the plane!

Room Tip: mention any celebration and if they have an upgrade they usually will give one
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carolekentKent_Uk
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the baobab, we were a family party of 6 aged 50, and we thought it was fabulous, we had baobab superior rooms which are the thatched cottages in the grounds, they are very spacious, a walk in shower with plenty of room, flat screen tv, great air conditioning and plenty of wardrobe space.The restuarants are great too we found we liked the maradadi the best out of the 3 that you can go to, the food is of the highest standard and a good choice to choose from, you wont go hungry !! a different theme in the restaurants each night. The swimming pools are so clean, and the infinity pool is fantastic.All the areas around the hotel are spotless (toilets included) The waiter service is great they cant help you enough.its nice that all the resturants look out onto the sea so the views are amazing. Their are a lot of monkeys -baboons around the hotel so dont feed them as they will snatch the food from your hands, they are characters great to watch !! The sea was so warm like a bath, i have never been in a sea that warm before and the waves are great fun. We booked a 2 day safari with j t safaris which is just up the road, after recomendations on trip advisor. He will send a driver to come and pick you up and you can sort out what type of safari that you want. Well we were 100% SATISFIED with him the overnight accomodation that he arranged at Aruba lodge ashnill was great, we had a jeep as their was 6 of us , and had plenty of room to stand up in the jeep and driver george who was a fantastic guide, we could not of asked for any more it was a fantastic experience !! j t safaris was fantastic !! and the hotel was brilliant !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family