My wife, our tow teenage children and I Stayed at the Baobab for three weeks with a seven days safari in between this August-September. Much of it has been said about this hotel which is absolutely true but I must appreciate the vast and great gardens filled with tropical trees and "wildlife". We enjoyed early morning and evening walks around this hotel and there was plenty to see. The vervet monkeys, Columbus monkeys, baboons, many birds and plenty of lovely butterflies. In one of the mornings while strolling we also we saw a dick dick!
The beach is great and stretches for several hundred meters, service from the staff is excellent and the rooms are pretty clean and neat, spacious and with fantastic views to the ocean ahead (maridadi wing). We also loved the Tapatapa bar with it's stunning views of the indian ocean coupled with the very cool breeze.
There were plenty of activities for the young boys which included a very modern gym, a tennis court, beach volleyball, boccia ball and table tennis. We had plenty of entertainment from the animation team every evening and made use of the gym and the spa just to burn the extra calories that we might have gained as the food menu was too good to resist, freshly cooked and in a proper way.
Other than the monkeys and baboons, the only other bother were the beach boys. They were quite a pain in the first week but once they go used to us and realized that we had no business for them they left us alone. The beach boys are quite persistent but overly harmless as they are only up to selling their wares.
We had the Safari prearranged through Plan Safari Ltd which I will review in seperately. Went for 7 days to Tsavo, Amoboseli, Lake Naivasha and Maasai mara by road with a flight back from the Maasai mara to our hotel Baobab, this was a very relaxed itinerary with a lot of animals and magnifiecient sceneries to see. In Brief I can say that the safari was very satisfactory, professionally handled, great choice of accommodation, nice guide and lastly a very comfortable air conditioned safari jeep. Would personally recommend this great company if you are looking for a private and stress free safari. Planning and booking can never be that easy, thanks to peter, Agnes and the guide Tim.
Will definitely go back to the Baobab beach resort and can recommend it to anyone looking for a memorable stay at Diani Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani