Without wishing to repeat too much of what other reviewers have said, this place really ticks all the boxes.
Stayed here for seven nights after a four day safari.
Booked a superior room and to our delight, were given a top floor room in the Maridadi wing, overlooking the pools, beach and sea. Fridge, large flat screen tele (BBC world service), large walk in shower, twin vanity units and safe all provided. This is the quieter section of the hotel and also has the largest pools to relax by and nice garden area. Pool bar nearby plus Maridadi Restaurant. The Baobab and Kole Kole sections made for an enjoyable stroll, where most daytime activities took place. The Baobab section is the oldest and The Kole Kole has a large patio area and lovely infinity pool.
You could dine in any of the three A I restaurants and we had breakfast mostly in the Maridadi Restaurant (the smallest and nearest to our room), with lovely beach views, but for dinner our favourite was the Karibu Restaurant in Kole Kole section. Wonderful staff (particularly Mary) and nice serving area. We enjoyed sitting just outside the main restaurant on the covered terrace overlooking the beach, with wonderful sea breeze. Fantastic food selection. I particularly enjoyed the salads and the fresh pasta station - everything cooked before your very eyes!
We dined once at the Jodari Restaurant in the Baobab section, this is the largest of the dining areas, with a fantastic array of dishes, but a little too busy for us.
The A I drinks were OK. Sprite, Cola lite Fanta and soda available. Alcoholic Drinks - I preferred the red wine, but the white was OK if a little watery. The Rose was too sweet for us. Cocktails also OK I liked the Black Russian and the local beer was also acceptable.
The resort hugs the beach and we enjoyed strolling from one end to the other. Beach - lovely for walks, almost like a dream. Yes the beach boys bother you at first, but a firm "no thank you" will do the trick. Interesting market just off the beach at the Maridadi section, near the water sports worth a visit - try your hand at bartering. Aim to pay between 1/4 and 1/3 of their starting price.
Booked the glass bottom boat trip at the Watersports centre. Approx £12 each for two hours - worth doing. Good animation team and the nightly shows in the Theatre worth a visit. They only last 30 to 60 minutes, we particularly enjoyed Mama Mia.
WiFi options with token brought at reception - reasonable price and good coverage across resort for basic emails etc
A fantastic holiday, only sorry it came to an end!
All staff go our of their way to try and help you, from the moment you arrive, until you leave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani