We went in Jan 2014 and stayed in a beautiful room in the Baobab, with a view of the sea. I room was spacious and comfortable and very clean. The hotel grounds were also very well maintained. Men had to wear trousers in 2 of the 3 restaurants, the Maridadi allowed shorts, but the selection of food was not as good as in the Baobab or Koli Koli. Koli Koli was our favourite place to eat in the evening, so my Partner did a quick change in to shorts after dinner. Food seemed to be on the go somewhere on the hotel, so you would never go hungry and great choices and selections. The efforts of the staff amazed us, they were so friendly and helpful at all times, nothing was too much trouble. The beach was amazing, soft white sand and warm blue sea, but the beach boys are persistent in trying to sell you something, whenever you stepped on to the sand. They are just trying to make a living and all were very friendly and being firmly polite seemed to stop them from following us. We did a trip with one a couple of them Seif organised a trip at half the price, with less comforts than with the hotel, we felt totally safe and had a great day. We also did a trip to the sand bank with Ali baba. The market was an experience but we got some great bargains from there. The hotel has a few shops too, which are priced very well. There was evening entertainment which was charming, and great efforts were made by the team to keep us holiday makers happy. And the wildlife in the hotel entertained us too. We did a 2 night Safari which was amazing. Time went at a nice slowly, but we were sad to leave, we would highly recommend this hotel and safari experience. We left our tips at the end of our stay, and popped extra in to the tip box at reception for all the staff to share. They really know how to look after you here and are very friendly genuine people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani