My friends suggested this place since they had been there three times. The pick up service from the airpot was good with Yusuf the driver making as feel comfortable. The place being situated on a vast piece of land offers a large walking space in between the trees with monkeys jumping from one tree to another. The fact that it is all inclusive makes it more interesting. The room we got was quite spacious and the huge windows made the lighting great.They have three different restaurants and bars where the guest can choose where they want to eat. However, we found the Baobab restaurant to be much better than Maridadi and Kole Kole. They also have three pools and whichever you want to dip your body is your choice. The Buffets were really nice I must say. Since it was a weekend they had some great entertainment lined up for their guest. Another impressive thing is that they have a tennis and basketball court, table tennis, an archery and other activities for those who love sports. There is also a spa, which the massage was quite amazing, however book one day in advance as they tend to be fully booked. So many beach beds lined all over so you can always choose where you want to suntan! Snorkelling can also be organized at the diving centre and costs 15 dollars/ 10 euros/1,200 Kenyan shillings! So truly there is much to do here and I would recommend!
The servicing of the rooms was terrible. The towels were old and sometimes they did not bother to change them. The daily cleaning of the rooms was done in such a haphazard way that any guest with eyes could clearly see. The shower did not have enough pressure and when many guests take a shower at the same time you will be lucky to have some warm water flowing. The beach boys are the most annoying thing situated at the hotel! They really disturb the peace as many will flock on you at the beach trying to sell you stuff or wanting to take you snorkelling. Watch out for the monkeys and do not leave your windows or doors open they can be the greatest nuisance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Jovago.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani