The thought of going to Kenya was exciting and yet daunting. It was a long flight but then again so is the Carabean which is where we usually go at this time of the year.
We did upgrade for more leg room on the flight and that is worth a consideration which we would recommend.
The trip to the hotel from the airport was horendous but because of the excitment of being in Kenya it passed by. I say horendous because it was a long drive through traffic jams which went on and on.
The hotel was great and the people so friendly they could not do enough for you.
The food was not up to the standard of say, a european Iberostar which is where we normally stay. On saying that we fully undewrstand this is Kenya and believe it or not other African states which border Kenya the people are staring, so how do Kenya do it?
They are so pround of their country, how many times did we hear "How do you like MY Country" Mmm
The resort was so lovely, the sae so warm, and to see monkeys and baboons so free on the resort was so so exciting.
Yes we had some tummy problems, but that was prbably the malaria tablets which we had to take (and cost a fortune).
A great 10 days.
The trip back to the airport was even worse than before, it took nearly 4 hours due to the traffic and the bottle neck at the ferry at Mombassa, they really do need to have a bridge which is thye only answer.
Will we return?
Well our friends are returning in February 2011 but at a resort where they do not need to cross the river at Mombassa.
This is the only place we would recommend for sandy beaches and warm warm sea. it is so good.
Yes our friends went on Safari, we did not due to tummy problems, they had a great time although it took a two hour drive to get there, but it was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Jovago.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani