“Luxurious beautiful and comfortable villa without...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Yoavi
Haifa, Israel
“Luxurious beautiful and comfortable villa without luxurious or gracious service”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Difficult to find fault with this villa that we rented for the week for a family vacation with our young adult children and their partners. The villa looks exactly as the photographs show, however it is in a complex with many other villas so may not be as private as some might expect. For us it wasn't a problem as we were not there at height of season so neighbouring villas were empty and we weren't overlooked, however the villa next door is quite close and does overlook the pool from the side not shown in the photos. Although named Sandy Beach Villas - the "sandy" beach was not sandy at all, it was a pebble beach - not conducive to romantic strolls, running or for young children to play.

The kitchen was superbly equipped and this was important for us as we dined in most of the time. The oven, microwave, dishwasher and fridge all functioned perfectly and there was enough tableware, and cooking utensils for all our needs. The "welcome" pack was perfect - providing enough for a late night snack for all for us all after our arrival before having time to get to the shops the following day.

The property "manager" of the villa is actually the owner of the villa, Joseph Smith. He was honest: providing everything he had agreed to and always available when needed. However, he was not gracious, welcoming or friendly. He actually made us feel rather uncomfortable as we had to keep "bothering" him with questions and requests throughout our stay. He did not explain to us how to turn on the hot-water boiler when solar energy was insufficient (we felt that this was on purpose so we didn't use more electricity) he did not explain how to use the jacuzzi bath on the upper floor (because he obviously preferred us not to use it as one previous guest had misused it once and broken it). We had to keep bothering him with calls for more towels, sheets etc. While there was a wonderful big gas BBQ on the veranda - it turned out that there wasn't sufficient gas to cook a few hamburgers. I use the word "bother" because this is how we were made to feel. For example, in spite of knowing our ETA would be in the early hours of the morning, when he called to ask how far we were on our journey from the airport he said "Oh gawd, you've only just left the airport? I'd like to get some sleep tonight!" And he ran through the explanations when we arrived saying "I'm going to do this really fast as I want to go home to bed". When he came to "check us out" of the villa before returning our deposit, he pedantically moved vases and furniture about while we stood waiting with our suitcases packed, even picked up a stray peanut from the floor, handing it to my daughter with a sarcastic "I think you forgot this" remark. We were told a cleaner would be coming after our stay so although we did try to tidy the place and wash up - we had not mopped floors etc. From the start, Mr Smith made sure to mention to us how much everything in the villa cost - perhaps in order to scare us not to break anything? -and made us feel generallly uncomfortable which is disrespectful and quite unacceptable as we are responsible people and came in good faith; paying in full for the villa several months in advance.

Mr Smith did not apologize for there not being any gas for the barbecue or for the elecricity problem when some kind of pool pump burned out and caused the locked service cupboard in the basement to start bellowing plastic-burning smoke. Rather than apologize and thank us for notifying him promptly for possibly averting a disaster (which we were not at all responsible for) he only made sure to mention how much he had had to pay for the electrician!

In summary Joseph Smith's villa is delightful and has everything you need for a great vacation, however Mr Smith himself is not a gracious host or the type of person one would expect or want to find working in a tourist/vacation service industry.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property itself.
Liked least: The owner's ungracious and sarcastic attitude.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
18 Oct 2014
Dear Judi

Thank you for the review, but I feel some of your points are totally unfair.

The villa is not overlooked as the villa next is unsold and will not sell for many years due to the high price tag of over a million euros. When it does sell we already have plans to fence this side of the villa, so the villa will never be overlooked.

The beach is Sandy, but it is a natural beach and fully protected and is national park because the endangered giant sea turtles lay their eggs on this beach. Because it is a natural beach the coast line will change from Sandy to stones depending on the weather and the time year. This being said we have our OWN sandy beach right in front of the villas where we keep the sunbeds and umbrellas this is never affected by the weather and ALWAYS sandy. Your comments are very misleading. We have our own section of sandy beach which is private to our villas only, that does not mean you have kilometres of sandy beach.

With regards to the BBQ, you said to me that the gas has run out but not to bother changing the gas as you were not going to use it again. I am sure you can appreciate a gas bottle can run out at anytime and there is no way of knowing when this will be and as I said I offered to bring another one and you declined.

With regards to your arrival, you did say you would be arriving at midnight, but you arrive at 2:30am, so I of course anyone would be tired and I spent over 30 minutes running through everything with you. Most property managers would leave the keys and tell you to let yourself in and work out everything yourself, but I still waited an extra 2 1/2 hours to check you in personally and go through everything how to work the facilities at the villa.

With regards to the Jacuzzi bath, this is turned on from a switch outside the bathroom. If you had asked me how to turn it on, I would have shown where the switch is. With regards to the hot water switch, I did explain this would be required on a cloudy day as I do to all clients, but it was 2:30am in the morning, so maybe you missed this when I was running through everything.

You asked for extra linen and towels simply because after you booked the villa you added a 7th person with you. The villa sleeps 6, and I even gave you a portable bed for the 7th person with extra towels and linen.

I was disappointed how you left the villa, so yes I was not impressed when I checked you out ALL the furniture in all the rooms had been re-arranged and the villa was left in a really poor state. I was in fact not happy at all and I could not believe you returned it to me looking like this, the villa was absolutely filthy. I handed 5 bags of rubbish to your husband, is this how you would expect someone to leave your property? I was very lucky I did not have another client arriving that day as it took 3 cleaners 7 hours (21 hours in total) to bring the villa back to standard.

You also called me round to say the kitchen sink was blocked and all I did was pull the plug out, so it is not I am not helpful, I felt that you were not appreciative and some common sense would have gone a long way.

I am sure that people will see that I have over 30 properties listed on Tripadvisor with all of them having lots of reviews. I meet every client and they will see from the reviews that all of them comment on how I have always been polite and on hand no matter what the problem is. I felt that you took us for granted and abused the property.

Kind Regards

CumbrianA...
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great place to stay in cyprus”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We were met at the villa by Mr Smith late in the evening after out Easyjet flight from Manchester. He showed us around and explained how things worked and gave us an overview of the local area. The villa is in a small complex of about ten villas approx. one mile outside of Polis. A car is really essential to get around. The villa itself is really well equipped and well laid out. We were a party of 6 adults and we certainly were not tripping over each other. Polis has all the amenities you would require; supermarkets, other shops, cafes, restaurants. Latchi is a few more miles along the coast and we hired a speedboat for the day from the harbour and had a fabulous time exploring the coastline. Paphos is less than an hour's drive away for more shops and interesting sights. We can heartily recommend the Sandy Beach Villas and Cyprus; the weather was glorious and the people very friendly.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet
Liked least: The need for a car to get anywhere but this was a small issue only
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
8 Jul 2014
Dear Kevin & Lisa

Thank you for this lovely review and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

CamelsnSa...
Abu Dhabi, UAE
“Fantastic, relaxing place to hide away...”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We just returned from a wonderful week in Cyprus! Our stay at 1Sandy Beach Villa was great. The kids enjoyed the pool, pool table and outdoors, while my hubby and I enjoyed the hot tub. The house was very comfortable and well stocked. We especially liked our welcome gift, consisting of food staples like bread, cheese, milk, coffee, etc...allowing us to find our way around and not have to rush out to the grocery right away. We were a quick walk to the beach and right next to a lovely orange grove that smelled divine. The owner dropped fresh oranges on our porch one evening which was greatly appreciated! The surrounding area is amazingly beautiful and we will definitely return one day.

Liked best: Location/Comfort
Liked least: It was all great!
Travelling group: Young Children
14 Apr 2013
Dear Stephanie

Thank you for the lovely review and I hope to see you again.

Kindest Regards

Lutterworth
Reviewed 12 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Liked best: Facilities, cleanliness, beach & views
Liked least: Some noise from nearby road
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Families with young children
17 Nov 2011
Dear Graham

I am glad your enjoyed your stay at my villa and look forward in seeing you again in the future.

Regards

Limassol
Reviewed 2 November 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pool and wifi
Liked least: mattresses
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 25-34
7 Nov 2011
Thank you for this nice review.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Liked best: peaceful location
Liked least: everything was fine
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
7 Nov 2011
Thank you for this nice review.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing