“Friendly and helpful staff”

Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
Reviewed 6 January 2014

With only 62 rooms, this is a smallish hotel 7-8 minutes from the beach. While the bathroom and parts of the hotel looked as if they could do with refurbishment, the place was always immaculately clean. There was free wifi available throughout, and the numerous pools were kept clean.
The most impressive thing about the hotel was the friendliness of all the staff.
There are many shops and interesting restaurants nearby. The hotel's own restaurant, however, provides a large variety of very tasty and fresh foods. We did visit friends staying at bigger, more impressive hotels nearby, some with their own beach. We and our friends all agreed that while the Haathi Mahal did not have their grandeur, or the convenience of its own beach, it beat them hands down when it came to the warmth and friendly ambiance at Haathi Mahal.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the outside, facing the main road. We had worried about whether we would be kept...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A212
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest

Wow, thank you for this great review! It is feedback like this that really gives my team the spark to continue to please our guests the best way we can. Praise is always an excellent fillip!

We may be a small hotel but we have big hearts. Our team has one clear brief - Keep the guests smiling, always. I am very proud of them.

We are refurbishing the hotel as we speak. It is difficult to shut the entire unit down and carry out an extensive refurbishment. We did half the hotel rooms last year and have plans to finish a large part this year.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to seeing you once more.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I own week 52 at this resort hotel and have been going for XMAS and New year for quite a few years now.
It has improved in the last few years in terms of housekeeping and maintenance. Very nice restaurants/ beach in the vicinity and a nice clean pool are highlights.

Room Tip: Pool facing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time off to review your stay on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you found a marked improvement at Haathi Mahal and enjoyed your holiday and festive season with us.

Please do come again and give us a chance to serve you.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Visited from Dec 28th till Jan 1st & had a nice, relaxed stay at the Haathi Mahal. We were allotted one of the newly refurbished rooms which is neat & spacious. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom large & spotlessly clean. The T.V was new & wall mounted. Rooms were regularly cleaned & we were given complementary water bottles (two) each time. In any case there are a couple of water filter machines where you can fill up your bottles. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet especially the eggs made to order & fresh coffee. The staff are ever so friendly. The pool was clean. There was a gala dinner with a band in attendance on 31st Dec for those who paid, to bring in the New Year. Enjoyed that as well. Will surely return to this property of Royal Resorts next year.

Room Tip: For larger groups the villas are allotted & which look really good

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time out to review your stay at Haathi Mahal. I am glad you had a relaxed and comfortable stay with us and my team looked after you.

I am happy you enjoyed the New Year party too! It was a nice show as was the feedback from all our guests.

Please do make plans to come back next year and give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have had such a wonderful stay here. The staff are fantastic the rooms,pool areas restaurant are spotless and the buffet breakfast was lovely. Fried eggs boiled or omelettes are cooked in front of you. I'm really sorry I'm having to go home that much I'm returning in 8 weeks.
We were in a twin room on the road side of the hotel which was ok but a little noisy with dogs barking during the night but I am a light sleeper. We were asked if we would like to move room so I jumped at the chance. I said are you sure as we were upgraded too and I never mentioned to anyone here in the hotel I wasn't sleeping well.
I would recommend to anyone.
It has to be the best Holliday ever even though I have been to Dubai Sri Lanka and goa before.
I enjoyed the in house spa (karma) a pedicure worked out about £8 I also took advantage of a 5 day massage package which was bliss.
Just can't say enough about the place. Roll on the 8th March. Hope my review helps you to book in at this hotel

Room Tip: Pool view is quieter.
3  Thank Tracy2266
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the off to review your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am really happy you enjoyed your holiday and my team looked after you. They do put in a lot of effort to ensure our guests have a great stay. It is reviews like these that really perks them up to serve better.

Thanks once again!

Grenville

Reviewed 31 December 2013

A very enjoyable stay at Haathi Mahal where from Management to Staff are all helpful and always with a smile I would recommend it to anyone who want to spend a lovely couple of weeks or more......
Everyone has been amazing to both myself and my husband and we really cannot complain about anything All the staff work really hard to ensure we all have a good holiday and the Managers are really doing a good job in keeping in touch with all their guests
Keep up the good work and please God see you all same time next year
All the best to all of you at Haathi
From Tom and Maria V McVicker

Room Tip: My Villa was very comfortable and terrace very sunny on first floor
1  Thank MariaX8213QP

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time off to write a review on your stay.

We get a thrill to see that our efforts to ensure you have a great holiday pays off in the end! The team works very hard in ensuring all goes well. And after seeing reviews like yours we rest assured that our efforts have not gone in vain.

Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you once more.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

For the first time I'm reading reviews made by visitors to the resort. I'm shocked by some of the remarks made. I have been staying at this resort for the last 14 years and never ever had a bad experience. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. Anything you may require is provided immediately on request. The staff will go out of their way to make the guests happy. Staff here are very helpful and kind. Every year we go back with good memories and look forward to seeing all our friends again at Haathi mahal. A big thank you to all the staff and Managers for all the wonderful holidays we had here.

2  Thank Phyllis854
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Phyllis

Many thanks for taking the time out to write a review on TripAdvisor.

It always gives me such a pleasure to see that our guests enjoy their holidays and our team fulfills all your desires to make you comfortable. We enjoy having you here as much as you enjoy coming back to Haathi Mahal year after year.

Thank you once again and we look forward to a long relationship with you and your family for the future.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

i have just spent a month with the most beautiful people in India.
I lost my husband this year and returned to Haathi alone. I need not have had any fear of coming. The whole staff have been so wonderful and supportive and made my time here so easy. My room is comfortable and beautifully decorated, Everything is kept spotlessly clean.The hotel food is superb and the pool areas are great. I'd like to wish all the staff a very happy and prosperous New Year.
And my advice to potential customers - COME ON DOWN.

Room Tip: the upgraded rooms overlooking the pool are lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dotsale
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to review your stay at Haathi Mahal.

Your words of kindness really warm my heart and gives me a huge sense of fulfillment to see that my team have looked after you and made you feel like home. We do our best to keep everyone happy and ensure that your holiday is comfortable.

Your message will be conveyed to the team and these kind words are the things that spur us on to do better.

Happy New Year to you!

Grenville Dcosta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
#3 of 15 in Benaulim
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Haathi Mahal? Share your experiences!