“A wonderful week”

Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
“A wonderful week”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here I cannot believe we stayed at the same resort!

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the most helpful and welcoming staff (even at 2 in the morning). The location, pools, food and resort in general are all to be highly recommended. Sadly, we were only there for a week but after speaking to most of the other guests there we found that they usually stayed for around 6 weeks every year and have done for many years.

The food from the restaurant or poolside bar were both excellent value and the service was prompt and very courteous. The welcome (and food) we had from Jeremy and the staff in the Jamaica Inn made each visit a joy - I wish I had written a comment in his guest book for others to see our appreciation.

The breath-taking beach is easily accessible with only a 5 minute walk along a dedicated path beside the Mobor hotel.

Our villa was extremely spacious and cleaned every day to a very high standard. Towels and sheets were changed 6 out of the 7 days we were there which I felt was far more than any other resort we've stayed in previously.

Needless to say we will definitely be returning and cannot recommend the staff and resort enough! Thank you for a wonderful and memorable week.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Karen H
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at Haathi Mahal. I am glad you feel so positive about our resort and my team looked after you very well.

The team works very hard to ensure our guests have a great holiday. Even at this time of the year when conditions can get trying and occupancy is at its peak. We do our best to please. Sometimes we cannot please everyone in ways they want us to. But then we take bouquets and brickbats with equal fervor and welcome all comments.

Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you.

Grenville Dcosta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay at Haathi Mahal. The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! It was very close to the beach and good restaurants outside the hotel were a short walk or can ride. It was more relaxing than North Goa and the rooms were very spacious. The Spa was first class and there was also a very well equiped gym.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Katrinalee11
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time off to write a review on your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am glad you had a good holiday and my team looked after you. I am happy you enjoyed the facilities and the food at Haathi Mahal.

Look forward to seeing you once more!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I love this resort, our family owns a timeshare there and that was a great idea. We make a visit to Hathi Mahal every year and enjoy it every year. There are great daily activities for children such as pool and table tennis competitions. The villas are well maintained and the service is great. We made a few good friends with one of the rec. guys (Anthony). They have great ideas such as the daily movies.The pool is fantastic and very well kept, we spent half the day in the pool and the other half in the beach which is also very good it is a 7-10 min walk away, the pathway to the beach could be improved but other than that good. In the last year they have made the wifi free which is a good idea, only problem with that is that in our room the connection was a bit iffy. One down fall was that while we were there many people were squabbling over deck chairs, but the staff were responsive and put up signs with new rules. They also have a one stop shop, which is very reasonably priced. Over all a very nice week

Room Tip: any room is good, but if you're a pool lover like us a pool facing room is good
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank the_eggward_muffin
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Nothing like a great holiday to invigorate one's senses! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to review your stay at your favorite holiday destination - Haathi Mahal.

I am happy my team looked after you and your family had a great time in our resort. We try to have as much activity within the resort as we can. Our recreation team put up a great show to keep our guests happy.

Yes, sun beds are always a problem this time of the year. We go on adding a few more each year - but it never seems enough! We would not like to overcrowd the pool deck area, so we have no choice but to restrict the numbers. I hope the signs work as i don't like to put too many boards around saying not to do this or do that. This is not a boarding school! I hope people understand and not reserve or block sun beds around the pool.

Thanks once again and look forward to seeing you once more.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Hathi Mahal.......a nice piece of architecture managed by well-behaved and good natured staff.
When I visited this place, I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. This is undoubtedly the best place to stay in Cavelossim.
Whenever you have an eye contact with any of the staff members, you are greeted with a smile. They are always trying to assist their customers in the best possible way.
Apart from the above, Best things about the place :
1) Very Clean and planned architecture which makes it different from others
2) More than 2 swimming pool that too maintained
3) Drinks Bar and restaurant by the Pool Side
4) Courteous Staff
5) Store to purchase goods and other important items within the resort
6) Rent-a-Byke outside the Resort
Not so good things about the place:
1) Food is average yet expensive
2) Taxi Driver Union does not allow you to hire Taxi from outside and management can't do anything
3) 20 Minutes walking from the famous Cavelossim Beach which is not so good. At least for me

Also, a Big No-No during off Season as there are very few people in South Goa and you feel that you are only couple here. very less crowded as compared to North Goa
Overall, I was satisfied with the place and a nice place if you want peace from the crowded North Goa.

Room Tip: Look for the room near the Swimming Pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for a great review on your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am very happy you enjoyed your holiday and my team ensured a comfortable stay. I am glad you liked the resort and the facilities on offer.

Sorry you did not find our food up to your liking but we are making sincere attempts to continuously upgrade our offerings. Taxis and the distance to the beach is something i cannot help. The walk to the beach can be fun with loads of things to shop and see along the way. The 15 minute walk can seem long if it is hot.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you once more.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

After visiting North Goa a couple of times we decided to try the South and what a good choice we made.
This was the first Hotel I looked at even though I looked at a few others I just kept getting drawn back to book this one, so happy I did.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning everywhere around was closed and we were in great need of a couple of beers after a long and tiring journey, the reception staff couldn't of been more helpful and rang the Security Guard who turned up with the key for the shop and allowed us to go in and purchase anything we needed.
The Hotel is within walking distance of the beach, shops and restaurants are on the doorstep the pools are clean and the gardens well maintained, Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, the bed must be the comfiest bed I've ever slept in on holiday, all the staff are pleasant and can't do enough to help you the cleaner left me several animals on my bed made out of towels which I loved.
One one occasion we had friends came to see us who we're staying in North Goa and wanted to stay over I mentioned it to Vincent the Manager and with no hesitation he arranged for a put up bed in our room so they could stay with us for the night which was really appreciated (thanks again for that Vincent)
The Jamaican Inn bar was a meeting place in the evening ran by Jeremy with his local knowledge he will give you any tips you need.
We cannot make any negative comment whatsoever about this Hotel and will definitely be returning as soon as possible

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann G
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy my team looked after you and you had a great holiday. Nothing is ever too much for us when it comes to guest satisfaction. We try to accommodate everything to suit our guest's needs which is within our scope.

I will certainly convey your good wishes to the team , especially Vincent and Jeremy.

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Went for a holiday with my family to this average hotel.The food was basic,but very much over priced.The hotel was somewhat clean.What was very pleasing was the close proximity to the beautiful beach nearby.The service was quite poor.All in all,generally speaking,the building is quite nice but poorly managed.Under better management this hotel has the potential to being a good one.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am sorry to learn that your holiday was a bit up and down and you went away feeling unfulfilled. However, your review is not really specific on what exactly was wrong. Was service bad in rooms or the restaurant or by the pool side?

The price of food is something that is hard controlled. Unlike other shacks or eateries in Cavellosim we are subject to pay taxes and levies on everything. We are audited regularly and operate above board. Food cost is another factor that causes an increase in prices.

Coming to the subject of better management, i am eager to know your suggestions or better still if you gave a more detailed evaluation rather than being generic.

Thanks once again.

goa
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Really nice place, excellent exquisite cuisine. Ambient, has a jacuzzi, the pools are well maintained. Good service, well behaved staff. Stayed 3 days. Beach is near- walkable but not exactly next to the place, clean & less crowded. Suites are really good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tulika b
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the trouble to write a review on your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and my team looked after you. We are continuously upgrading our cuisine and trying out new things. I am happy you enjoyed the food.

Please do come back again and relive your pleasant experiences with us.

Grenville Dcosta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
The Leela Goa
Dona Sylvia Beach Resort
Dona Sylvia Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Cavelossim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,626 reviews

Been to Karma Royal Haathi Mahal? Share your experiences!