“Home away from home”

Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cavelossim
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here with family and invited friends over. The front office did their best and managed to get for is . It’s a nice place, clean, free Wi-Fi. The staff is cheerful and friendly. They have a variety of indoor games and the staff will play with you if you do not have a partner.

The pool is huge and there is special area for the kids which are not like the standard pools. The kids enjoyed the water slide and sand play area.

The villa is furnished with all basic appliance, utensils, cutlery and crockery so we could cook if we wished too. There is also a mini mart in the location which sells stuff at the MRP.

It was a fun filled break – a home away from home. Looking forward to visit again

Room Tip: choose a pool side room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your stay at Haathi Mahal.

I am very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed yourselves and all the facilities at the resort. An enjoyable holiday is a great stress buster!

We look forward to seeing you once more!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Currently stayed there. Great hotel but few issues.
1) only 7 sun beds, yet circa 100 guests - not great. Asked and was told no more available.
2) partner was ill a day, and spent night in bed. Neighbours had front door open and very noisy. Asked reception twice to call / speak to close door, to limit noise but no action.

Food is great as are staff, but above not good for quality of hotel they claim. Enjoyable stay so far but above not good

1  Thank Mikeuk2511
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for bringing these points to my notice.

There are adequate sun beds available at the resort. We keep them away due to the monsoon and also because there aren't too many people sun bathing this time of the year. We are addressing the problem of noisy neighbors immediately.

Thank you once again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I visited the hotel earlier this week. I had driven down to Goa from Mumbai. Reaching South Goa takes 1-1.5 hrs from North Goa. I managed to find this resort via Google Maps, as there were hardly any signboards guiding us to the property. South Goa is fairly deserted during off-season. After back breaking drive, when we managed to reach the property, the staff were not able to find out our booking. This was most unpleasant as I had called one Ms Deepa almost 4 times prior to my visit and having been confirmed of the same. After some time, the staff provided us with our room. We reached the property at 10pm in the night, post which we checked in by 10 45pm. We were hungry and we were asked to have dinner at the restaurant as they were not taking in-room dining orders due to some event and the fact that the restaurant was closing for the night. However the staff obliged and we were served dinner in our room.

Apart from this, I found the staff quite friendly and smiling. It hence had lot of positive vibes. We visited the Cavellossim beach which is a 5 min walk from the property. The beach was deserted (I guess due to off-season). Haathi Mahal is perfect for a family get together. The hotel provides a number of activities including Spa, indoor games, a gym and a good pool. However the Spa was understaffed when I visited and hence I could not avail their service. I am sure that this hotel will feature a lot more activity during peak season. All-in-all I give this property 3/5.

1  Thank ashwin_sriny

Dear Guest

At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations of a great stay. Ideally, you should not have been made to wait for a room at 10pm. I can understand your consternation being made to wait for a room after a tiring journey.

Thank you for bringing up the point of guidance boards to the resort. We are most definitely working on this and will have boards placed at strategic locations.

The staff at the spa were away on a training, hence we were not able to service your request. This is the only time of the year when we get a chance to train and re-train the spa staff. This is not an excuse, however.

Thank you once again!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is situated in one of the best locations in South Goa which is surrounded by 5 star properties. The staff were really nice and friendly. The rooms are very spacious,pools are always clean, helping and friendly staff The breakfast was awesome,I already been to this property for five times,but this time its pretty delayed.its been more than year since our last visit.and vincent this time you gonna provide us pool facing rooms

Guys do check the restaurants nearby....jaazinn,mike's place(both good for food and fun live music) and fisherman's warf and also clean and calm beach nearby just 5 minutes walk good crowd not over crowded and food places are very good nearby

missing goaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...very much.very soon will be planning with couple of our friends for a relaxed and fun filled vacation

Room Tip: nice place for calm and quite vacation
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vikas09061971
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest

Your review just made my day! Thank you for taking the time off to write about your favorite resort.

I am glad you enjoy yourself immensely and like all the facilities at Haathi Mahal. I will tell Vincent of your request for a pool view room. Please get in touch with him before you leave.

See you soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel is situated in one of the best locations in South Goa which is surrounded by 5 star properties. The staff were really nice and friendly. The rooms are very spacious. The breakfast was awesome, 5 STAR***** by all standards.

It was my wife's b'day and I really wanted to make it special... It was Mr. Vincent who really made this very special. He gave us a really fantastic room and to our surprise when we entered the room, there was a nice b'day cake waiting for us. Thank you so much Mr. Vincent... it meant a lot to us..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Grenville D, General Manager at Karma Royal Haathi Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am so happy Vincent, our Front Office Manager made your day! Thank you for taking the time off to write a review of your stay.

It is comments like these that make us strive to do better and better. I am glad you enjoyed your wife's birthday surprise.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This property was built in late 1990s and then renovated to keep up with times.This is members resort and has all the amenities for a quite holiday for the family.Rooms are large and comfortable.The swimming pool is a big draw.Definitely good for a relaxing quite holiday.

Room Tip: Very beautiful beach near by.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mehmoodmewat

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking time off to review your stay at Haathi Mahal. I am glad you had a relaxing holiday and that is exactly what we like to hear our guests say. What's the point of a holiday if you don't go back refreshed!

Please do come back again and give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Well I'm writing about it almost 2 months late is becoz I just can't get this vacation off my mind. This was not my first visit to haathi mahal and it definitely wouldn't be the last ! We stay usually for a week and every time it's time to leave ....me n kiddos get teary eyed .......the place exudes old goa charm is very laid back from adult perspective and their I house club organises so many activities every day that there's not one dull moment for the kids .food I house is decent but is surrounded with some of the finest eateries in goa Villa's are comfy and staff very helpful.not a 5 star but will leave you longing to go back .

Room Tip: If you are with kids ....pool facing rooms would be nice as you can keep a watch while sipping tea i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Please rest assured that we enjoy having you here as much as you like coming back! Thank you for the lovely review of your stay.

We look forward to you coming back to have some more fun and give us another chance to serve you. I am happy you liked our facilities and your children enjoyed themselves. That's the most important part, i would think!

See you soon

Grenville Dcosta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavelossim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
#3 of 15 in Benaulim
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Haathi Mahal? Share your experiences!