Just returned from a two week stay at Dona Sylvia and had the most enjoyable holiday. The staff were amazing, couldn't do enough for you, The grounds were stunning and beautifully kept. The rooms although slightly dated were clean, bed linen and towels changed daily. Joseph the Head Houseleepier was lovely, very hardworking and so friendly.
I particularly enjoyed the peaceful location, ensuring a good night's sleep in a comfy bed.
The food was very good, and there was a good choice of dishes. One of the waitors looked after us at breakfast time ensuring we had our poached eggs and delivered them to our table which was really nice.
We also ate in the a la carte Mama Mia restaurant one evening and had an excellent meal, the fish was excellent.
There was a problem with sunbeds round the pool area, particularly during our first week., not helped by some guests getting up at dawn to put towels on them ! We did actually prefer to walk down to the beach as for the price of a drink and a snack at one of the beach shacks you could have a sunbed all day. For around £2.00 this was very good value. Mike's beach shack was particularly good, and he even arranged for a jeep to drive you back to the hotel at the end of the day !
Couldn't praise Karen the Thomson's rep enough. She really works hard and is a mind of information. She also has a very infectious laugh and makes sure you have a great time.
We did the Jungle Book Trip which was a real experience, if you want to challenge yourself it really is recommended ! If you like elephants it really is a must, elephant rides and even a power shower - great fun !
Went on Mike's boat trip on the River Sal and had a great time, entertainment on board, a three course lunch, unlimited driniks, do;phins, fruit bats, fishing all for £9.00 what a bargain/
We will definitely return to Dona Sylvia . Keep up he good work !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Cavelossim Beach and set in 20 acres of beautifully secluded landscaped gardens, NOVOTEL GOA DONA SYLVIA brings to mind a quaint Portuguese village reminiscent of a bygone era – an architectural style that earned international acclaim for its architect, CHARLES CORREA….a truly wonderful and luxurious location for holidays, small meetings to large conferences. This luxurious 5 star beach resort is situated on the southern coast of Goa, about 45 kms from the airport and 15 kms from the Margao Railway Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Sylvia Beach Hotel Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Beach Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Hotel Goa
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort Goa
- Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort Cavelossim