After 25 years of foreign holidays and never once returning to the same resort my wife and I have been back to Dona Sylvia Beach Resort and no doubt will continue doing so. Sure, if you want to find something to moan about you will always do so but only very minor things that aren't sufficient to spoil the holiday.
We like to sit by the pool with a cup of tea so took our own mugs rather than use their small cups.
You likely will have to share a balcony, we paid an extra £20 a day for room upgrade which gave us a larger private balcony and a bigger bathroom, well worth the money.
Didn't bother using their speciality Indian Restaurant as the main restaurant served curry enough for anyone. Would suggest it was turned into a traditional English type cafe.
None of this was a problem, terrific resort, terrific staff, terrific holiday, see you soon.
Beware the Golden Chariot Restaurant in the New Airport Terminal. We called in there for breakfast on the way home. I explained before ordering we might not have enough rupees, they said, no problem we take English Pounds. When it came to paying they tried to give an exchange rate of 50 rupees to the pound. Half the correct rate. I refused and changed some money with English tourists at the correct rate.
The Golden Chariot attempts to cheat the tourist because as there's no where to change money once you've been through customs they only give you half the value of your currency.
The result was that the Rupees I got left with I gave to the lad that cleaned the toilets instead of spending them in the Airport Shops.
However, absolutely nothing could spoil what was a really good holiday. Thank You Dona Sylvia Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort is spread over 20 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the southern coast of Goa, it nestles by the soft white sands of Cavelossim beach. The Resort offers comfortable air-conditioned rooms with all modern amenities in Mediterranean style villas with balconies and open sit-outs. The Resort has excellent conference facilities, extensive options for outdoor events / theme parties and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dona Sylvia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Sylvia Beach Hotel Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Beach Cavelossim
- Dona Sylvia Hotel Goa
- Dona Sylvia Beach Resort Goa/Cavelossim