I have been to Goa a million times, and now I am convinced that Leela is the 2nd best property in Goa-second only to Park Hyatt.
I was there with my extended family- about 20 of us. We booked 4 lagoon suites, 2 conservatory premiere rooms and 2 pavillion rooms, out of which the best rooms were the conservatory premiere rooms, despite the fact that the lagoon suites were double the price. The conservatory premiere rooms which have been newly redone, have all possible gadgets and are absolutely fabulous with a gorgeous view. All the people in the lagoon suites regretted having taken the suites after seeing the conservatory premiere rooms. The room has 2 portions-one with a bed and a desk and an LCD TV, and the portion near the windows with an adorable day bed and another LCD TV. The bathroom was grand with seperate shower, tub, and WC areas, as well as his and her basins. The shower and WC area had a frosted glass seperation between themselves and the room-with automated blinds that open and shut with the press of a button.
There was so much attention to detail that both sides of the bed have water placed there, 2 hotel phones on either side, 2 pairs of slippers laid out of for you, on either side, as you climb out of your bed. Also there are plug points on both sides so you don't have to fight over whose phone will be charged that night.
The coffee shop food was ok, as was the food at the Jamavar restaurant. The service was good but very slow. The coffee shop gets way too crowded by 10 a.m. and is not fun to eat breakfast in. But the room-service food was fabulous as were the snacks we ordered at the Aqua lounge. The kids centre is very good and has many activities going on all day. The property is beautiful, and pool was nice. The beach is lovely too.
Although this place is very far from Baga, there are some nice restaurants around like the shack at Holiday Inn which is walking distance, and the Zee Bop restaurant which was fun and is about half an hour from hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine the opulence and luxury of 5 star hotels, The Leela Goa with the natural beauty and Portuguese heritage of South Goa for the ultimate beach holiday. The hotel is set in 75 lush acres with a pristine beach, a 12 hole golf course and world class dining making it the finest 5 star hotels in Goa. While the rooms and suites, The Restaurant and the signature Jamavar have been designed by Jeffrey A. Wilkes, the principal designer of DESIGNWILKES, the art and embellishment has been done by Mrs. Madhu Nair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Leela Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Kempinski Goa Cavelossim
- Leela Goa
- Goa Hotel Leela
- Goa Leela
- Leela Kempinski Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Palace Goa
- The Leela Goa Cavelossim