“Family Holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port de Sant Miguel
San Miguel Beach Club
“Family Holiday”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have just got back from our first family holiday overseas, staying at this hotel. First impressions were it was in need of some tlc but all things after were perfect. The location was amazing as it took all of 30 seconds to get to the beach and was a very quiet resort. Pool area was very clean and as long as you were up before 9.00am you could always get a lounger.

The hotel staff were very friendly and always made us feel welcome at the hotel. Entertainment throughout the day and night was very good for all ages so there was always something to do other than getting sun burn! My only minor issue is for a family resort the evening entertainment went on a bit late but then there were a lot of couples and groups there also.

All the restaurants were ok but if you like a lot of choice then my advice would be to book at the hotel restaurant as there was less selection in the beach club. However, the staff at the beach club restaurant were more friendly and great with my two boys.

To sum up this was a very good 3* hotel and met all our expectations but it just needs a bit updating and a good lick of paint. We would certainly go back and would recommend this hotel to all families.

1 Thank darusso99

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

got back yesterday and we had a brilliant time, i work for thomsons myself so i will defo be selling this to my customers
food in beach club was edible ,there was enough there to eat but it was much better choice in the hotel itself.
chinese was really nice,went 3 times in the two weeks
tapas bar really friendly staff ,gorgeous tapas,and quite a relaxing place to chill out.
staff really friendly at the bar and the entertainment team were really funny,my daughter was 2 so we went to the parent and toddler there,it was ok,enough for little ones to do,she done painting,singing etc,this was for age 0-3,staff was lovely esp connor
zorro and team fantastic,still singing all the songs now ,
now onto the rooms,clean,basic,really big rooms we had room 5 next to kids club and facing the soft play area,so we could c her running in and out which was great for us,they did smell a bit musty and defo need a good upgrade but towels and bedding were cleaned on a daily basis so thats all you need!!
the resort itself was beautiful,very picturesque,few bars a\nd restaurants,bars were open till 6am,not that i stayed there till then!!! although r friends the scottish crew and my daughter and her boyfriend did !!
beach was really nice really really beautiful cove
drinks were of a moderate standard,they wernt greedy with the spirits either,you could buy a cup for 2 euros saves you going the bar several times
ice cream was nice and they had proper cornetto,and proper magnums mmm.
im glad i stayed at beach not hotel as the lifts were pain getting up and down and all the activities were in beach club,the hotel was full of french and more english in the beach club.
we did 2 excursions catamaran with thomsons and san antonio sunset with excursion place over the road
the only fault i had was with the rep,my wife sprained her ankle and we aske fcor help eg a wheelchair,she said she couldnt get me one there and then but she would one around for me,im still waiting for that call,everytime i went to see her she was never there and when she did see us she used to put her head down,so my wife just hobbled around herself,
other guests were really friendly to myself and each other,a lot have been there sev eral times before and thats excactly wha\t i will be booking for my holiday again next year,please take no notice of bad reviews,if u want 3 star then tghats what you get,ive been 3 stars before and theyve had 1 restaurant the whole week and the activities and entertainment wasnt that good,this this hotel is defo worth the money ,book now you will NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!,if you need to ask me any questions thats thats ok x

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mark m
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Well where do I start. The beach club staff were so so friendly and helpful always had time for you nothing was to much. The cleaners what a great job they do they work ever so hard. The food in the beach club we found was limited choice but what u did have was lovely and plenty of it. The staff at the restaurant were also very nice. Location was a bit out of the way but if u like a holiday by the beach or pool this is the place to go. A nice relaxing holiday washad by my family and YES I would recommend the beach club.

1 Thank ccfc01
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I had a fantasic time at this hotel. Food is good, staff are friendly, its right on the beach and the entertainment was fab. Definatly will book again soon. There's not really many places within walking distance but that suited us fine. The bar across the road make the best cocktails.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank l0uisel0uisel0uise
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I am not the kind of person to complain or write review but this time it is my duty to inform you not to go. On our arrival at the hotel no food or refreshments were provided. The airport shops being closed on arrival we weren’t able to buy any!
My first room was located near the garbage area so we were waking up a first time at 5am for collection and 6am for cleaning. I won’t even mention the horrible smell that comes with it. Despite our complaint to the hotel and the Thomson Rep it took them 2 days to change our room and few heated discussions. I had to spend my 2 first days trying to sort out a room. Very good start! Be Aware of Room 110!
The food was disgusted and I wouldn’t give to my dog. It was frozen food, the choice was extremely limited and the left over were used the next day for lunch and dinner. And to top it up there was a certificate of excellence at the entrance of the restaurant. Excellence for what? The most disgusting restaurant?
on the last day we had a huge storm and huge the lounge area... it wasn't weather proof! the roof was leaking and the floor was extremely slipery!
I am usually quite easy going and try to see the positive out of situations but this time I find it hard to see the positive out of this trip. The entertainment was good!

Room Tip: if you still decide to book this hotel, do not stay in the room 110!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Me and my partner and our 9 month old baby had a superb holiday. Don't listen to a few negatives points on here. Ok the beach club is slightly dated to other hotels. That's why it's £400 - £500 for the week. If you want a contemporary hotel with a flashy reception and designer rooms it'll cost you a lot more.

Good points ....

Choice of 3 restaurants. The hotel, beach club and the Chinese buffet. All decent food but the restaurant in the hotel is a lot more spacious with a better offering of food.

Location. Set in a very picturesque area. High cliffs either side of the beach and hillside trees that the resort drops back onto. Felt very safe with friendly locals.

Facilities where excellent pool is very good with a jacuzzi like section. Clean tidy and no problems. Floodlit tennis courts, ping pong and an excellent beach volleyball court.

Entertainment is spot on. Been all over Europe in a lot of hotels. This is the best I've seen. Day time there is always something going on. Daytime quiz, killer pool, darts water polo and then everyday at 4 pm there is beach volleyball. Good for getting to know everybody.

Staff were friendly and always made an effort.

All in all great holiday with real people all friendly and down to earth. We've already booked again for next year!!!

3 Thank Nathan881
newcastle, england
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just got back from here this morning with my partner. We booked it as a late deal and didn't pay much at all and for what we got at the price we paid we really can't complain. Our room was spotless with 2 big beds. It was cleaned every day and we got clean towels every day too. We were around the back of the hotel and we're so glad as the rooms that overlook the pool would be really noisy from morning til night. Our only complaint about the room is that we had an adjoining door to the room next door which was really uncomfortable. We felt like we could never fully relax. However we were lucky to have lovely neighbours so we just got on with it. It could've been much worse!
The beach club restaurant is quite small and there isn't much choice. We only ever used it for breakfast. They tell you that you have to book the hotel restaurant a day in advance but we never did. We just walked in and no one ever questioned us. The food in the hotel is much better and there's much more choice however don't expect a piping hot meal. It was always just lukewarm. I'm pretty fussy about quality of food but I never went hungry. We visited the Chinese buffet restaurant once and thought it was really nice but you're very rushed. You only get an hour. This seemed fine with certain guests who obviously like to stack their plates with a concoction of food then wolf it down. Not our kind of thing! Drinks on the all inclusive are good. There's a whole range of drinks available including bubbly. Albeit cheap stuff but you don't get that in many places and it was actually quite nice. You can buy a plastic beaker for €2 but we just stuck to the little plastic cups.
The staff around the beach club and hotel work very hard and the animation team do a great job with the kids. Adult entertainment however was very hit and miss. But I guess they just try to cater for everyone. Zorro is pretty funny. Kids love him, young lads and men want to be him and the women swoon over him! If you don't like getting involved don't sit near the front.
There never seemed to be a problem with sunbeds however I wouldn't like to be there in peak season as I imagine it would be packed. We tended to lie around the kids pool than the main bit as it was quieter. Or we'd head to the beach instead which is a lovely little place. I've read previous reviews saying it's filthy but we didn't think that at all.
As other reviews state on here that it's like a council estate then yes, we agree to a certain extent. There was a lot of foul mouthed, chain smoking, beer guzzling, tattoed louts (and that's just the women) but you can't tar everyone with the same brush. There was also a hell of a lot of decent people there too. It's just a shame the louts bring such a nice and family orientated place down but try not to let it put you off. It didn't with us. We just avoided these people.
Go with an open mind and don't expect 5* treatment at a 3* place. It really is what you make of it. We had a lovely time. But would we go back? No. The world is too big a place but we can definitely see why others do return year after year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port de Sant Miguel
Hacienda Na Xamena
#2 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel
Intertur Hotel Miami Ibiza
San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments
San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar ...
#3 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel

Been to San Miguel Beach Club? Share your experiences!