“Cheap and Cheerful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port de Sant Miguel
San Miguel Beach Club
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Myself and partner stayed here end of Sept for 11 nights. You get what you pay for, Cheap and Cheerful. Food was good although repetitive, entertainment was good and the location was superb. If your planning on booking, go with an open mind and don't expect too much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan W

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just returned from a week at this resort, and left it a couple of days to write a review. We stayed at the Beach Club, with a room, pool side which was more akin to the “Bat Cave”. It was small but clean, and cleaned on a daily bias’s with the towels changed every day. I would agree with a previous review that the patio doors were suspect. We spent most of our time at the sister hotel’s pool, and used the facilities here all of the time. We ate once at the Beach club restaurant on our first night, which was okay, we didn’t go hungry after that all our evening meals we ate at the hotel restaurant, which was bigger and had more variety of food, less cramped.
The beach club was geared up for kids, with all the entertainment at night focused around them. The main hotel is quite at night and could do with some entertainment for the residents who didn’t have toddlers and young kids. The area is very pretty and beach is fabulous, and I fully understand those with kids who come back time and time again, a safe area for children. We like to go for a wander at night, but given the size of the resort amounted to a 10 min walk.
We took a trip on the water taxi to San Antonio, which was smaller than I expected, although we stayed around the marina area.
This was a late deal and ticked most of the boxes, the Beach Club side could be better, would we go back, no. But we talked to families with young children who are going to. The major factor in our holiday was that we had sunshine every day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There is nothing much to do at night if you are over 50 as music far to lound if you are in the rooms round the pool and kids seam to be up all hours some times until 2.30am we could hear them running around and not every one want smoke in your face as you can smoke any where and its not nice if you don't smoke youself food was good in the main hotel not so good in the beach club we would not go back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have read some of the good reviews on this hotel and being fair I met some people that went year on year......but with all due respect I do not understand why!! In the two weeks we were there there was incidents of other guests crawling around the bar area drunk at 11am and people smoking suspicious smelling roll ups by the baby pool with no response from the staff. The hotel is in major need of referb! The rooms were basic, dirty and the air on units all come with a complimentary bucket to catch water! The food was repetitive and in some cases meal were repeated every three days. Being fair the kids Entertainment was pretty good but the family entertainment was poor and the content on some nights was unsuitable for families. When I tackled the content with the hotel manager he told me that " you British people like this sort of thing". I also was told by the thompson rep and hotel staff that the hotel was downgraded to a two star so I felt a little mislead! The one saving grace for this hotel is the beach!! There is a sister hotel that is reasonable next door which is also 3* and there is no comparison in quality of Accomodation or food! Do not be fooled into booking the beach club because of the same rating....they aren't!! I will never return to this hotel or resort after the experience!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MDW822
Reviewed 12 October 2013

As previous reviews have stated this hotel is set in wonderful surroundings! The beach is beautiful and a real asset to the hotel.That is where the ideal stops! We arrived at the hotel at 11pm to a very tired and dated reception and were given the keys to our poolside rooms. Wonderful we thought.......Until we started our approach! We noticed a lot of people sitting right outside what turned out to be our rooms ,around 3 ft away from the entrance to our rooms was a seated bar area so as you opened the door the guests were having a drink!!! Any closer we could have asked them to sit on the end of our beds! We were a party of 5 with 2 rooms next to each other, after spending around 10 mins trying to open a very dodgy set of patio doors we were not so prepared for what was about to greet us! The rooms were damp and you could smell it.!!!!!!......To the extent you took a step backward before entering! The rooms were small and dindgy and unclean! On the first night we did not unpack for the fear of our clothes smelling!!! My friend wouldn't even brush her teeth in the sink! After being highly disappointed by our rooms and surroundings we decided there was nothing to be done until the morning as there was only a night porter on duty. We decided to head to the bar to take it all in over a drink to be met with the sign that said all drinks must be paid for after 11pm!
After a very unsettled night we headed straight to reception in the morning to sort out our rooms where the staff couldn't have been more helpful! Our rooms where re-located within the hour, to 2 rooms that although,could have done with a bit of an update where much more satisfactory! I have to add had we been given these rooms in the first instance the rating of my review would no doubt of been higher! But also if we'd have had to stay in them I would have been booking another hotel on my credit card thats how bad they were!!!
Once we learnt we could use the facilities in the sister hotel the holiday got a whole lot better!
The pool in the beach club is very dated and although staff did work very hard with keeping it clean it always felt very dirty to be around! The deco through out including the public areas is all very tired so never felt that great to be in,but we did watch the entertainment most night in the western salon area.
The sister hotel Cartago had much better facilities and we used the restaurant and the pool in this area everyday! Just remember you need to book all restaurant facilities in the beach club reception the day before.
As mentioned on previous reviews you do need money to stay in this hotel we had to pay to loan beach towels, you have to pay for the sunbeds and shades on the beach and the safe in the room.I've stayed in plenty of hotels where you have to pay for the safes so this was not such an issue but never had to loan a beach towel but I do remember it stating in the brochure you had too.Most people just took there own but its all extra baggage to me!!
The staff where wonderful and friendly and very officiant with sorting out our problems,and we where always greeted with a smile! Apart from the western salon there was only ever one barman so getting a drink sometimes took a while but it was no great deal. The Thompson reps where also some of the nicest I've meet!
We always book a cheap holiday around this time of year and have stayed at some lovely places, no doubt had we have stayed in the hotel or been given better rooms in the first place my review would be much more pleasant as I really hate people that right poor reviews when my holidays have been great, but be prepared for some disappointment as I believe the beach club does not live up to expectation and I am by no means a snob!
All in all we did have a fantastic holiday we made the most of it with good food, drink and company. Try the Chinese in the hotel the food is fab and make the most of the beautiful beach we went from 30th sept- 7th Oct and the weather was faultless.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

my friend and i have been on several holidays all over but this is the first all inclusive which has disappointed really. if you have a family be prepared when you first get there and book in you have to buy your safe to be secure and then if you want your water cooled you have to buy a fridge................. and that is on your first book in and then if you want a drink that is not in a mini plastic cup you have to buy a bigger plastic cup which you can then take up to the bar and get your drink in no matter if its a soft drink or what ever..... but the best is if you think like us and the hotel is on the beach great it is but there are no sunbeds from the hotel ... yeh this is correct you have to pay at least 5 euros a day for a bed and sun shade so if there are two people its 15 euros a day to sit on the beach with a sun shade .............. then you come to the food well not a lot of choice really but each to there own i suppose its what you are used to. we were being picked up at 8.10am for our return journey but breakfast is from 8.00am so we were told to use the sister hotel which was open from 6am until 7am great we thought ........... ermmmm when we took the lifts upto the 8th floor it was all in darkness ... and when we asked at reception they turned the lights on and opened the door and our breakfast was a cup of coffee out of a machine and a packet of biscuits wow thank you lol............. the only reason we booked this hotel was because its sounds really good on the beach but not really .....................

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank allsmilesb
Reviewed 8 October 2013

San miguel was fab.Couldnt fault this one little bit,staff very welcoming,food terrific and all in all best all inc I've been too.Loved this Beatiful place and will deffo b returning.Dont forget to pay Caseys Irish bar a visit,Lovley bar ran by two very handsome looking chaps ;0) ;0) Piano pete and fiddler on th roof lol...Pheeew!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Apartments Del Rey
Apartments Del Rey
#7 of 9 in Portinatx
San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments
San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar ...
#3 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel
Balansat Resort
Balansat Resort
#1 of 3 in Port de Sant Miguel
Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza
Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza
#2 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel

Been to San Miguel Beach Club? Share your experiences!