“Great holiday, reception staff very helpful!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Miguel Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port de Sant Miguel
San Miguel Hotel
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Great holiday, reception staff very helpful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We arrived on 12th September 2013, had to wait about an hour for the room, but didnt really mind as we arrived at about 11am which I think is before the check-in time.
We were next to a very noisy welsh family who screamed every night at about 3am (bedroom walls are very thin), after 3 nights we had enough so went to reception to complain. The receptionist immediately moved us to and appartment, for no extra cost and without a complaint! The appartment was very nice compared to the basic hotel room.
Me and my partner are very fussy eaters, I am a vegetarian, and we found there to be a very good range of food at breakfast lunch and dinner. You can also eat snacks at the beach club bar, I wouldnt bother going there though its a bit scummy. To be honest I'd give the beach club a swerve in general, full of noisy drunk families and lots of screaming children!
The San Miguel Hotel was very nice though, just dont book the beach club! The beach was lovely, sunbeds are 5 euros a day, but worth it. There isn't too much to do in the resort, there are a couple of boat trips, pedlos etc. If you go on the boat trip to San Anotonio, it's about an hour and a half! I didn't realise this!
Overall the holiday was really good value for money and would deffinitely recommend it, the only reason I wouldn't go back is because there wasn't quite enough activities for me.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank alicestarmar

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Went to Ibiza towards the end of october, weather was fine right up to the end of the holiday(lucky).The resort itself is very quiet and apart from the hotel, there is nothing else. The hotel itself is clean, towel change daily and room cleaned daily,right on the beach good points for beach lovers,free use of kayaks and padddleboats,water is clear good for snorkeling. Sun beds for hire on the beach which will set you back €5.The food is good with good selection and a chinese restaurant which have be to booked a day in advance. This is a brlliant family hotel with lots for kids to do and for couple as well as this is very quiet resort very good for relaxing.
I would have rated this hotel 3 or maybe 4 stars if not for their rooms. First you will notice the smell of sewer on your way to your room and the decor(very out dated compare to the reception area). Secondly the size of the room, too small for my liking and again the decor and the size of the tv(14") its like going back to the eighties. I understand the room is for sleeping while on holiday but you do need a bit of entertainment when you are in the room relaxing or having a rest after a hectic day. Amidst all these downside, I would still recommend this hotel and would still return if I am returning to Ibiza.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool as you'll get sunshine all day coming to your balcony. Unfortunat...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Edward C
leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

fantastic hotel so friendly .very quiet resort not many shops though so if u like to walk around a town and browse round shops this is not for you .brilliant family hotel lots for kids to do entertainment all day long .food good lots of variety plus a chinese restarant cant knock this hotel will go bk in the future

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jule s
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We went to San Miguel in early October, the hotel is very clean. The food is fine with loads of choice. We stayed in the hotel but went down to the Beach Club pool as there was a bit more room there. San Miguel bay is lovely but there is not a lot apart from the hotel there so if you just want a quiet holiday this place is good. The free kayaks are good fun to paddle round the bay.

Room Tip: We did not pay for a sea view but our room was a good size with a nice view over the grounds to the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

One big problem we found with this hotel was the size of the rooms.
The hotel itself was a well run 3 Star hotel with friendly staff and good food.
One problem we found were the sun beds that were arranged round the top pool like sardines.
I know it was only 3 Star but I would still like to see men in trousers and collared shirts when going into dinner.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K T
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at the San Miguel Hotel for two weeks on the 9th October with my wife and two children (3 & 1) and I can't praise the hotel enough. Like many people, when I booked the hotel I was a little apprehensive due to reading of some issues that people had previously had but I figured you can't please everyone so booked it anyway. I'm so glad I did.

- Rooms: Comfy enough for a 3 star but don't expect luxury beds. Kept clean and towels were changed daily. Need to pay a deposit for a TV card/remote (5 EUR) but worth it as has cbeebies for the kids. Room safe about 16 EUR per week.

- Food: Excellent choice from day 1. Some nights they had roast veal (yummy!) to Paella to Fresh Fish. All self service buffet and drinks but that suits me. Chinese Restaurant is definately worth a visit. Only critism would be the food could be warmer on occasion.

- Drinks: All drinks are inclusive (even Cava and Cocktails which my wife loved!) but the drinks do come in the tiniest plastic cups so it's definately worth playing one off 2 euros for the big cups. The barmen could do with smiling a bit more as they were a bit grumpy but hey ho!

- Pools: Pools were kept clean and were warm enough although we didn't spend too much time round there.

- Location: Excellent location. Nice quiet resort with a few sports bars and restaurants plus some shops so a great place to get away from it all. Good transport links to the rest of the island as there are daily buses to Ibiza Town (only 3.50 euro). The beach was excellent and kept very clean and the water was crystal clear (and warmer than the pools too).

- Entertainment: This is what I feel really shines at this hotel. Zorro and his team work tirelessly to keep everyone happy. Sure some of his jokes might be a bit close to a nerve every now and then but we liked it. The childrens team (esp. Emma) worked really hard and our kids loved the evening entertainment and are still singing the songs now.

Special mention must go to the cleaners too. I've never seen such a clean hotel as they are constantly on the go, even late at night!

Overall, if you have kids, then I can't recommend this hotel enough as there is plenty for them to do and my motto is that if your kids are happy, then we're happy!
And would I go back...absolutely! Already looking to go back in October next year.

Room Tip: There are three corner rooms that are larger and have bigger balconies than the rest. They give view...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Invisa Hotel Ereso
Invisa Hotel Ereso
#1 of 13 in Es Canar
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,670 reviews

Been to San Miguel Hotel? Share your experiences!