“Not as good as it seems”

Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I opted for the spa and dinner package for 84 euros per person. Spa was amazing, the view you see on the website is more than matched by the pics however the dinner was a set menu and not what we were expecting. For a 5 star hotel the interior and fixtures etc are very dated and i've eaten in better restaurants, would go back for the spa without the dinner, we were starving when we left!

1  Thank EmilyAshUk

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel is on the north of the island so you need a rental car! Or a reliable taxi! The hotel is beautiful. We had a room with a bath by the window so you could look out over the coast. The rooms were almost all white and very tranquil. Bed was very comfortable. Swimming pool area was a bit different with some shade made from netting with leaves on - I liked it! The pool isn't heated though so was a bit on the cold side for me. There is another sunbathing area aside from the beds right by the pool side - though up some steps and hard to see. There are some cabana type beds and it is much more private. We preferred it (but didn't discover it until the day before we were leaving!) Staff were all very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view.
2  Thank LadyPrimrose
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Oh dear! Not at all what we were expecting. First gripe, room smelt of damp, not just mildly, there was a strong odour that felt unhealthy. Had requested a room change but were offered a smaller place with no full sunset views. For nearly 500 euros a room you definitely want to see that we therefore rejected the room. Gripe two.. flies everywhere, it felt dirty, the deck we had was crawling with them.....yuk! Gripe three ...Eden restaurant....lack of vegetarian choice, advised when I didn't want to eat paella that I could have side dishes. Asked if chef could make me something else, told 'no, I know he wont be able too!' Well ok don't ask him then. So side dishes I had, and a side plate was offered too when my husbands meal arrived. These kids have no idea. That is the problem, it has been left to young inexperienced people to handle complaints, of which there were many we heard from speaking to others. This actually isn't fair. Smarten your act up Hacienda, get some leadership in, solar power your pool, its freezing, and start to earn your five star rating but I certainly wont be back though. We checked out a day early, were given my side dishes and a glass of wine free. Total bill for one unsatisfactory night, 570 euros. Now staying in a WONDERFUL finca 130 euros a night as a last minute deal , Freds Finca all the way!

2  Thank almshousegirl
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at Hacienda Na Xamena with my boyfriend for 2 nights in early September over Labor Day. We live in Manhattan, are avid travelers, and were absolutely blown away but the beauty of this hotel and all of Ibiza. The staff is incredibly accommodating. The grounds are kept very pristine. The view in the rooms is totally over the top...add on the jacuzzi and it's a dream come true. So romantic and definitely compares to 5 star US hotels. I would compare the views and experience to Post Ranch Inn at Big Sur. Must go to the Hippie Market at Benniras Beach (15 min taxi ride) on Sunday or Tuesday and eat at Elements while the sun sets. Enjoy the spa tubs - so unique and nothing like I have experienced before. Eden restaurant had a beautiful view and fairly good food - I would recommend going out if you can. Breakfast is included which is good (not amazing but good enough!). I am already counting down to next summer for my return trip.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I went to a wedding here this summer and found it gorgeous beyond belief. My friends actually postponed their honeymoon in the Maldives in order to stay on longer. The swimming and hydrotherapy pools cut into the cliff were gorgeous. And LOVELY staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsJulieRaven
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We took one of the rooms with a jacuzzi and private pool. Beautiful views from there and by the public pool as well, worth going actually just to enjoy those views. Room was very nicely decorated and had a modern yet authentically Ibicencan feel.

Staff are young, energetic, yes they probably need a leader in there, seems to be common in Ibiza that people are left to their own devices, but they really try hard are bright and enjoy what they do. Nothing is too much trouble at all, we thought about upgrading the room and were show around three others no fuss.

The spa my girlfriend enjoyed very much and again the staff very friendly and helpful.

Now on to the one huge area of improvement - the food!

This hotel is quite out of the way, unless you have a car, or want a taxi ride, there's only once place you are eating and it's here!

They are charging too notch prices, 35 euros for lamp chops without accompaniments, 7 euros for a small bowl of rice, 8 euros for 4 pieces of asparagus, 25 euros for vege burger, 25 euros for breakfast buffet, you get the picture.

The food is above average to passable quality dependent on what you order, it's a big put off for such a nice place. For Ibiza these are top notch prices, and I am afraid Haceinda has joined the legion of places that's decided to go plus 30 euro on its mains without a clue how to deliver.

Hacienda, it's simple, either halve your prices or double your quality, but right now what you offer in the culinary department is way off the mark for what you are asking. This really showed, the restaurant was never busy, people were obviously getting taxis elsewhere.

The staff do the best to work around it, when we complained about breakfast, we were given it free of charge, but we'd have rather had a nice breakfast!

We will be back, but we'll expect a better head chef please!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nice hotel with fantastic views but not a 5*. Everything was "ok". No transfer at airport despite sending all details, poor service at breakfast, slow response to restaurant requests by email. We also thought the property looked tired. The front door glass is cracked, the gym had no towels or water in the cooler. I think the staff are good and make an effort but this is definitely not a 5* star property anymore.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila
#7 of 51 in Ibiza Town
9 mi away
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#3 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#8 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza? Share your experiences!