“Fantastic view - good service - nice stay”

Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I didnt know what to expect as im not a big fan of so big hotels and some reviews were bad. But as the hotel went through a renovation, i thought the experience will be better. Indeed it was. Staff was renewed , young but professional, efficient and multi lingual. For me they were a strong asset of the hotel and helped me having a great stay. Special mention to the front desk staff, very welcoming and helpfull. The view is truly amazing. Worth the detour for sure. The hotel is located in a natural reserve and accessible via a winding road - not easy at night - car is essential. If you drive further up, you ll have some amazing view points! Rooms are nice, spacious, modern. Some finishing could be better but nothing really to complaint about. I didnt try the food but the hacienda cocktails was really nice even if a bit expensive but hey the view is worth it. In conclusion, i recommend a stay there, value for money is good, no issues and the view and location is just superb. Tip: some rooms have private jacuzzi, if you go for that, make sure to have a top floor one , has some are on ground floor and everyone can see you - not great if you are looking for a private experience. Room 504 is nice, with private bathtube looking on the ocean

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had heard a lot about this hotel before visiting it for one night as part of a four day stay in Ibiza. I'd heard it was the island's first - and only - five star hotel, and that it had been constructed in the 1960s, opening in 1971, around the time of the hippy movement to the island. And consequently it had a very laidback, Ibiza-vibe feel. What do I mean by this?

Well, my impression was that everything centred around the view - and what a stunning view it was. The man who decided to build here saw the view first and bought the land after - building all 77 rooms into the cliff, which means that every single guest has a fantastic sea view, which is quite rare in a sea-view hotel or resort. I loved the slightly hippy touches such as the Balinese wood carvings on the terrace by the pool and the heavy carved doors from reception through to the other floors. Our room had a private balcony with two loungers and a jacuzzi bath, which alas we did not have time to try.

We did however have a thalassotherapy treatment in the Suspended Cascades which was not only quite a lot of fun (basically having a lot of water sprayed at you, like in a giant jacuzzi) but because it was hewn into the cliffside, had the View of Amazement to boot. The staff of the bar and restaurant were unflinchingly helpful and keen to please; the top restaurant had been shut off for dinner the night we were there because it was quite windy but they let my boyfriend and I go up there for a couple of sundowners and the sunset view was just beautiful.

A few people have said their TV didn't work - ours didn't either but we weren't really planning on watching it. And one possibly major flaw was that the door to the shower didn't fit properly so we ended up flooding the bathroom floor each time we showered. But apart from that, I found it a peaceful and serene place, in a top notch situation at the northern tip of the island (with a wind-y road that is more fun to drive in full daylight, i imagine). A gem - quite expensive, but a gem nonetheless.

Room Tip: They all face the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was a bit apprehensive coming here due to a few negative remarks I had read however they couldn't be further from the truth....staff are nothing short of superb....food is excellent.....views of the ocean are amazing, this is a hotel to just relax and do nothing......I will return I enjoyed it that much.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank offint
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went to this hotel to disconnect for a couple of days. Hotel was beautiful, views spectacular. However reception was very poor! The demand full payment upfront - outrageous for a 5* hotel and puts you in a bad mood right from the start.

The room was lovely but nothing worked. There is no reception for mobiles from the bedroom so phone was necessary, it didn't work! The TV didn't work and what was supposed to be a fabulous jacuzzi in the room, didn't work either. They fixed the phone and TV but we had to physically go to reception and tell them (not ideal late at night) and the jacuzzi was never fixed.

Prices are high - breakfast for example - and not justified for what you get. Some staff didn't even speak good english or spanish!!

Go have a coffee or a meal to enjoy the views but do not stay if you expect 5* service, reception.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Carla B
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel looks gorgegious on the pictures. The hotel has a beautiful view, but I want to make a few remarks. The Spa shown, which they use to position themselves, can only be used when you book a treatment of 60 euro for half an hour or 120 euro for one hour. I find that quite misleading. We have been her for 4 nights but I haven't seen any customers at the Spa. The pool that you can use isn't warm, the water is really cold. Lets just say the photographer of the hotel did a magnificent job. The staff is really friendly but when we wanted to check-out we found out they made a billing mistake of 40 euro's the girl behind the counter couldn't do anything to change it. Furthermore we asked to upgrade the room twice and we didn't got any reply or whatsoever. So the service is definitely not 5 stars, but 3 stars. The bed was good but the room was also poor looking. We paid more than 300 euro's per night and the room looked like a 150 euro per night room. The food was okay but the average restaurant in ibiza serves better food, the quality is not constant and differs. One day great cocktails next day terrible. We are definitly not going to this hotel anymore! And watch out when you drive up the hill of the hotel! It's really dangerous and no warning signs!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Renée F
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked by chance at Na Xamena as I had three days to spare on a solo relax/detox/get out of stress week of holiday. The site is magnificent and perfectly suited for a cut from the stress. It's usually a honeymoon classic but I recommend it as well for a solo relax/meditation stay. I was there the week of the opening so there were some hickups but the friendliness of staff made up for it. The suspended Jacuzzi priced at €35 is a bit inappropriate for a 5 star hotel. Breakfast buffet not 5 star either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MCMCMQ
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hacienda Na Xamena, Need I say more. It is my favorite place I have stayed as of to date. My wife and I stayed for a week. Looking at the sea in the evening looking over the cliff. Eating Gazpacho and having a cocktail. The pool was nice when we decided to stay in, but we like to venture out. The design is nice and inviting. The staff on hand is great and attentive. The spa was fantastic. The food is good not great. If you venture out and explore or ask for recommendations at the desk they will help. We found a lot of little areas to eat at. Cost wise it's not cheap by any means but very romantic and the views are fantastic. Your outside of town. So it is a slight drive but well worth it instead of being in the hustle and noise of the awesome night life of Ibiza. We are planning on going back again for our anniversary this year. Enjoy you can't go wrong. Have to Remember your on VACATION! Relax-Chill-Enjoy a Cocktail! Ciao

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#9 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#4 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza? Share your experiences!