This hotel should not charge the rates that they do. We paid €435 + VAT for a standard room (no breakfast). When you consider what this can normally get you, in most places, it becomes annoying/frustrating.
The hotel is at the very north of the island (though doesn't take more than 30mins to get south) and admittedly does have stunning views. However, the hotel really doesn't maximise on this. The 'lounge bar' for example is set right back, and from the seats you have to peer over the pool area then the spa pools to get a glimpse of the view. We preferred to sit on the roof of the spa where they have circular day beds, but hidden up there it was hard to get the attention of a waiter to order sundowners.
The reception is fine enough, but to get to most of the rooms however you must walk behind the reception, across a riad-like courtyard (which was very tired and dated), down through the bar (which can only be described as like something out of a tired, dated, 2* resort), around the back of the main pool area, then down a few sets of stairs. The corridors are very basic with no design aspect and quite depressing. Almost dungeon-like.
Once in the room, it gets slightly better. There is no reason not to complain about the room, had we have been paying something like €200. But we were not and this was meant to be a 5* establishment. The Jacuzzi bath worked well, and air con also fine.
There are 3 hotel pools, but the main pool which we used once during our 3 night stay was very cold. Why not heat the main pool? The loungers and chair areas around the pool are nice enough, but you can only really make the most of the view by standing right up to the protective glass railing.
We didn't use the spa as took the fact the hotel is tired and overpriced as probably what we would find in the spa also. Nor did we eat any meals in the hotel.
Overall I would absolutely NOT recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a 5* experience, the prices might be up there but the substance is not. Go to a modern agrotourismo instead, there are many in Ibiza but you must book in advance (which is how we ended up at Hacienda in the first place...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, is a white washed style property suspended 180m high above the glistering Mediterranean Sea, in the heart of a preserved natural park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Na Xamena Hotel
- Hacienda Na Xamena San Miguel
- Hacienda Ibiza
- Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza Port De Sant Miguel