“Arrogant unfriendly anti-ibiza snobbery”

Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza
Reviewed 13 May 2009

If you are an old, boring snob that likes to spend a lot of money to be with others of your ilk in a place that does not have much business, very unfriendly snobby management, and much of the premises closed due to maintenance problems, this may be the place for you. If you are good looking, interesting, lively, and enjoying Ibiza, chances are that they will not even allow you to eat in their restaurant or have a drink at their bar. The sooner they go broke the sooner new management can take over the place and do something with it other than make people feel unwelcome.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
10  Thank speakme

Reviewed 10 September 2008

Despite some of the poor reviews on here, I decided to stay at the Hacienda, as my friends had recommended it and the photos looked great. And, I'm glad I did - as I had the most fantastic stay.

The surroundings are flawless - the hotel is simply stunning, with breathtaking views and tranquil settings. The spa itself is lovely, but the staff (strangley all french) seemed quite junior and inexperienced. That said, the cascades (spa pools) are a-m-a-z-i-n-g and I urge you to try these, you will not be disappointed!

Food and drink was lovely and plentiful, BUT seriously overpriced. And you cant help but feel that they have you in a trapped position as there's literally nowhere for miles that you could go to.

Hotel Hacienda is beautiful, fantastic and stunning. I would recommend it to anyone needing to chillax for a few days, or take some time out from life. BUT, think it's only good for a short stay (3/4 days max)

Enjoy your stay - I know I did!

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank SouthWestBest
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Taken to Ibiza by a special anniversary, my honey and I were looking for the perfect location, and in Hacienda we found it! Already from arrival we felt the special touch of this very exclusive hotel nested in the most astonishing piece of nature - we will never forget the amazing view directly from our bed down the cliffs to the blue sea the first morning we woke up!
The service was great and always present, much better than we had experienced in other 5-star locations in Europe before.
Food was delicious, cuisine with a large variety, reflecting the themes of the individual restaurants. Also remarkable views while dining!
The tranquil and relaxing atmosphere gave us the right condition to chill and enjoy every moment my honey and I spent together, also due to the wide spread chill out areas on the terrases and the large range of spa treatments offered.
Equipment and condition of our suite in connection with the great service reflect the high standard of the hotel and justify the high prices.
If you are looking for a special vacation which will give you a long lasting relaxation you are in the right spot. We loved it and we will come back!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank groovemaster
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This is not in my habits to write and publish bad comments on the Internet, but this has gone too far not to talk about it !

Don't let them fool you with the nice website : what you see is NOT what you'll get.

My husband and I booked a superior room for a few days in this hotel, for a relaxing working-holiday stay.

They told me they had Internet wi-fi connections in all the rooms, but it NEVER worked in spite of my many complaints at the front desk.
I spoke with other guests who had the same problem in their room too !
They offered me to use the so-called "Business Center" : a 12 sqf room with no view and one single old computer, unbelievable...

Other problem : impossible to use my mobile in the room either, the hotel is so remote that there was no phone reception, they never told me about that !!!

I won't talk about the smelly room (toilets leak), the lack of intimacy, the room-service that takes ages or the view from the terrace, spoiled by a huge building work in progress over the sea... At more than 800€ per night, we really were expecting something else !

We shortened our stay there and moved for a 5 stars hotel in Santa Eularia del Riu.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
9  Thank carifost
Reviewed 22 January 2008

We stayed here in early June for a romantic 5 night break on the first leg of a three week honeymoon around the Island. We booked an Eden suite which has its own private plunge pool on a terrace which looks straight across the cliffs and sea. It was beautiful and I still can't stop thinking about it.

I do wonder whether room size and type are worth considering more carefully in this hotel. I had no complaints about ours whatsoever. It was clean, very large, with lovely decor and the views were just amazing. It was very private - although I did think some of the other Eden Suites are quite close to each other so in high season the terraces wouldn't be so secluded. We were on the corner next to the entrance to the Cascadas and only had one other suite to our side, which was perfect.

We very rarely ate lunch in the hotel restaurant and spent most of the time on our terrace - the food and wine from room service was excellent. The only thing that let the hotel down a little is its exposure. We went fairly early on in the summer and a few nights the wind made it too cold to sit outside and some days the terraced restaurant was shut for lunch. If we went back, which i hope we will, we would go for 2 nights, in a top room again but in July or August to guarantee the weather a little more in the evenings.

The communal pools were lovely and it was very quiet and calm. The cascadas was also a fabulous experience but best done when it is a really hot part of the day. The spa was also lovely but perhaps a little too snooty for my liking. The food was good in the evening - although the choice was a little limited if you want to dine there every night. Taxis weren't really a problem but you did feel a little bit too off the beaten track. But compared to other hotels we went to we soon realised the taxi service was pretty good. The overall service was a little scatty at times but very pleasant and welcoming. I am very fussy about hotels and of course, this was my honeymoon, so the pressure was pretty big!!! But I have to say I really didn't see the side that some other reviewers have described and I think for a short stay it is very special.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SolSerra
Reviewed 24 October 2007

We had a wonderful stay at the Hacienda. We weren't going to go based on the other reviews on this site - but a friend who had been persuaded us and we had a wonderful time. Amazing location, beautiful views, very peaceful and relaxing, lovely spaces to use, good food & service. We had a Superior Double room which was really lovely and perfect - big, balcony, huge bath, lovely views. (Perhaps there is a big difference between rooms - we had a Superior and asked for a quiet room and it was great). The tennis court is very worn and needs sorting out and the gym is a small room with some machines that are practically falling apart - so if they want to market these facilities they really need to improve them. Would definitely recommend it. Yes it is expensive but so are a lot of the hotels on Ibiza right now!

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank LoveTravelling151
Reviewed 12 August 2007

Don't be a fool like I was. The official website for the hotel is very nice and very swish. Yes I was sucked right in. Then there is the reality which is nothing like the website. The website makes you believe that you are headed right for a 5star gem when really its like a 2star, 3star at best, The hotel is a 1970's original which has never been renovated and they have taken buddahs and antiques from southeast Asia and scattered them around the property to give you that "look" which is so trendy right now. The scenery is stunning though, I will give them full credit for that.

I paid 430 Euros per night, which is about $600 USD. Total rip off. The room looks nothing like the picture. This is what $600/ night gets you:

- an unrenovated room from the 1970's.
- a terrace with astro turf green carpeting looking over the ocean. However the reception advised not to open the door because of the large numbers of mosquitos outside.
- one english speaking tv channel: BBC. (fun)
- noise. While in bed you can hear your neighbours on both sides and above you....talking, moving furniture, watching tv.
- a shower curtain that is dirty at the bottom and is half torn off of the rings at the top.

ADDITIONALLY:
- there was a dirty dust bin and broom in the hallway outside my room for a full 24 hours.
- the food is super-expensive. And I am all for expensive food....AS LONG AS ITS FANTASTIC! The food, including the breakfast, was so bad for a resort charging these kind of prices. Even the breakfast presentation was horrifying. It felt like you were at a motor-lodge.
- the entire hotel is very understaffed. From the restaurants to the front desk and everywhere inbetween! A simple request can take hours to complete. The front desk rarely picks up the phone because they are so busy. It took 30 minutes for my baggage to arrive to my room.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. The most that this kind of hotel should be charging is 200 euros/ night. Its robbery. I was not the only person feeling this way. Others I had spoken to in the hotel had similar experiences. TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE !

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#9 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#4 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza? Share your experiences!